Coverage Before the Cruise
Can I cancel my cruise because of a hurricane?
Hurricanes and inclement weather that impact your cruise can be covered reasons to cancel your trip.
Can I cancel my cruise because of the Zika virus?
Concern over the Zika virus is not a covered reason to cancel your cruise on standard Trip Cancellation policies.
What if my bags are delayed on the way to the port?
If your bags are delayed by a specified period of time on the way to the port, you can be covered to buy clothing, toiletries, and other essential items.
What if I am delayed and miss my cruise departure?
If your common carrier is delayed and you miss your cruise departure, you can be reimbursed for meals and accommodations during the delay, as well as additional costs to catch up to your cruise. If your delay meets the requirements under the Trip Cancellation benefit, you may also be covered to cancel your trip altogether and be reimbursed 100% of your prepaid and nonrefundable trip cost.
When does travel insurance coverage begin?
Trip Cancellation coverage begins the day after a policy is purchased. Other benefits, like Travel Delay and Missed Connection, also begin before departure. Emergency Medical, Medical Evacuation, and other benefits are designed to begin when you leave home for your trip.
Am I covered if my cruise line changes the itinerary?
Travel insurance purchased outside of your cruise line does not provide coverage in the event the cruise line changes your itinerary.
Buying Cruise Travel Insurance
- What kind of travel insurance do I need for a river cruise?
- Do I need to buy a special kind of policy for a cruise?
- How do I get Pre-Existing Condition coverage for my cruise?
- How much medical coverage do I need for a cruise?
- How much evacuation coverage do I need for a cruise?
- My cruise is traveling to several countries. Will I be covered in all of them?
- What expenses should I insure for my cruise?
- When do I need to buy travel insurance for my cruise?
- See all 10 FAQs
- How much does cruise travel insurance cost?
- What kind of travel insurance coverage do I need for a cruise?