Buying Cruise Travel Insurance
- What kind of travel insurance do I need for a river cruise?Read More
Travelers who want to insure the cost of a river cruise should look for Trip Cancellation style policies. Those who are only concerned with medical coverage can save money by not insuring a trip cost, and rather looking for a policies with only Medical, Medical Evacuation and other benefits. Travelers who are concerned about both should look for a comprehensive policy.
- Do I need to buy a special kind of policy for a cruise?Read More
You do not need to buy a special kind of policy for a cruise, but there are certain benefits cruisers should look for when comparing policies.
- How do I get Pre-Existing Condition coverage for my cruise?Read More
Pre-Existing Condition coverage is a time-sensitive benefit that is available on some policies within 14-30 days of your initial booking date.
- What expenses should I insure for my cruise?Read More
You have the option to insure all, some, or none of your expenses on a standard Trip Cancellation policy. This can include your cruise expenses, including excursions, as well as trip expenses outside your cruise, like any related flight and hotel costs.
- When do I need to buy travel insurance for my cruise?Read More
Standard Trip Cancellation policies can be purchased up until the day before you leave home for your cruise. However, some cancellation and medical benefits are time-sensitive and are only available within a specified period after your first booking date, typically 14 - 30 days from the initial booking.
- See all 10 FAQs
- What kind of travel insurance coverage do I need for a cruise?Read More
Travelers who want to insure the cost of a cruise should look for Trip Cancellation style policies. Those who are only concerned with medical coverage can save money by not insuring a trip cost, and rather, looking for a policy with only Medical, Medical Evacuation and other benefits. Travelers who are concerned about both should look for a comprehensive policy.
Coverage Before the Cruise
- What if I am delayed and miss my cruise departure?Read More
If your common carrier is delayed and you miss your cruise departure, you can be reimbursed for meals and accommodations during the delay, as well as additional costs to catch up to your cruise. If your delay meets the requirements under the Trip Cancellation benefit, you may also be covered to cancel your trip altogether and be reimbursed 100% of your prepaid and nonrefundable trip cost.
- When does travel insurance coverage begin?Read More
Trip Cancellation coverage begins the day after a policy is purchased. Other benefits, like Travel Delay and Missed Connection, also begin before departure. Emergency Medical, Medical Evacuation, and other benefits are designed to begin when you leave home for your trip.
Coverage During the Cruise
- What if I need to be evacuated from the cruise ship?
- What if I get sick during my cruise?Read More
If you get sick during your cruise, you should see the shipboard physician who will be able to recommend treatment, or order your disembarkment. Covered illnesses or injuries can be reimbursed under the Emergency Medical benefit.
- What does travel insurance cover during the cruise?