Tin Leg – Brussels Terrorist Attacks Travel Insurance Coverage Position Statement
On Tuesday, March 22, 2016, three explosions occurred in Brussels, Belgium, at the Zaventem Airport and Maelbeek metro station.
The U.S. Department of State officially declared this an act of Terrorism on 3/22/2016.
What you need to know about your policy:
As of March 22, 2016, the terrorist attacks in Brussels are no longer considered an unforeseen event. Coverage related to the Brussels terrorist attacks is not available for Tin Leg policies purchased after this date.
There may be coverage for Tin Leg customers to cancel or interrupt their trip. In order to be eligible for these benefits, a Tin Leg policy must have been purchased prior to 3/22/2016.
Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage for Terrorism:
In order for an event to be covered under Tin Leg policies, the event must occur after the policy has been purchased and meet at least one of the following requirements:
- The terrorist incident must occur within 7 days of your departure and within 50 miles of a city listed on your itinerary
- The terrorist attacks result in the complete cessation of travel services at the point of departure or destination for the following specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 48 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 24 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 12 consecutive hours
Coverage for Travel Delay
In order for terrorism to be covered under the Trip Delay benefit within Tin Leg policies, it must meet the following requirements for minimum length of delay:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 6 consecutive hours
In addition to Trip Cancellation and Trip Delay coverage, other benefits, including Emergency Medical and Medical Evacuation, may also be available for coverage related to this event.
In the event of an emergency, please contact Tin Leg’s 24-Hour Emergency Assistance department as soon as reasonably possible at:
Emergency Assistance Inside U.S.:844-927-9265 (Toll Free)
Emergency Assistance Outside U.S. (Collect Call): 001-727-264-5657
Emergency Assistance Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of a claim, please contact Tin Leg’s Claim department at 844-240-1233 or email@example.com.
Please contact Tin Leg with any questions at 844-240-1233, we are delighted to answer any additional questions.