On Saturday, April 25th, a 7.8-magnitude earthquake occurred in Nepal, sending tremors through India, Bangladesh, Tibet, and on Mount Everest.
All Tin Leg policies offer Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage for earthquakes under the Hurricane and Weather benefits.
As of April 25th, the earthquake is no longer considered an unforeseen event. Coverage related to the Nepal Earthquake is not available for policies purchased after this date. Policies purchased prior to April 25th may have coverage for the earthquake.
In order for an event to be covered under Tin Leg policies, it must meet the following requirements:
- Occur after the policy is purchased
- Result in the complete cessation of travel services at the point of departure or destination for the below specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 48 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 24 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Accommodations at a destination are made uninhabitable
- You and/or your traveling companion have your principal place of residence made uninhabitable by Natural Disaster
- Reimbursement for meals, accommodations, local transportation, an economy fare ticket to resume your trip, or return to your original destination when delayed en route to or from your a covered trip for the below specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 6 consecutive hours
Please contact Tin Leg with any questions at 844-240-1233, we are delighted to answer any additional questions.