The “Valentine’s Day Blizzard”, officially named Winter Storm Neptune, is set to bring heavy snow to the North East during Valentine’s Day weekend, with the heaviest snow expected on February 14th. This is the most recent Winter Storm to affect the area, after almost three weeks of freezing temperatures and record snowfall.
A main concern of local authorities is the threat of collapsing roofs under pounds of snow and ice. All Tin Leg plans include coverage for travelers whose homes become uninhabitable due to a natural disaster, including a blizzard. Under the Trip Cancellation and Interruption benefit, travelers may be eligible to be reimbursed for the unused expenses of their trip, as well as last-minute return airfare.
Travelers who purchased a Tin Leg, Economy, Standard or Luxury policy prior to February 13th, 2015, may be eligible for cancellation, interruption or travel delay benefits.
Tin Leg customers who have purchased a policy prior to the blizzard’s announcement are strongly urged to review their coverage as some benefits, including (but not limited to) trip cancellation, interruption, and travel delay, may be applied to this situation.
Covered reasons for weather-related cancellations, interruptions, and delays include (but are not limited to):
- Inclement weather which results in the complete cessation of travel services at the point of departure or destination for the below specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 48 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 24 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Accommodations at a destination are made uninhabitable
- You and/or your traveling companion have your principal place of residence made uninhabitable by Natural Disaster
- Reimbursement for meals, accommodations, local transportation, an economy fare ticket to resume your trip, or return to your original destination when delayed en route to or from your a covered trip for the below specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 6 consecutive hours
If you have any further questions please contact Tin Leg at 844-240-1233.
If you are already traveling and are concerned about coverage, please contact the 24-hour assistance line at 866-887-7105, if you are traveling within the US, or 317-582-2687, if you are traveling outside of the U.S.