On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 18:54:33 ET, an 8.3-magnitude earthquake struck Chile triggering other earthquake related incidents including tsunami waves in Hawaii and Southern California.
What you need to know about your policy:
As of September 16th, the Chile Earthquake is no longer considered an unforeseen event, and coverage related to the earthquake is no longer available for Tin Leg policies purchased after this date.
Tin Leg policies purchased prior to September 16th may provide coverage related to the earthquake, including Trip Cancellation and Travel Delay benefits.
Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage for Hurricane and Weather:
In order for an earthquake to be covered under the Trip Cancellation or Interruption benefits within Tin Leg policies, it must meet the following requirements:
- Occur after the policy is purchased
- Result in the complete cessation of travel services at the point of departure or destination for the following specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 48 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 24 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Accommodations at a destination are made uninhabitable
- You and/or your traveling companion have your principal place of residence made uninhabitable
Travel Delay coverage for Hurricane and Weather:
In order for a storm to be covered under the Trip Delay benefit within Tin Leg policies, it must meet the following requirements for length of delay:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 6 consecutive hours
In addition to Trip Cancellation and Travel Delay coverage, other benefits, including Emergency Medical and Medical Evacuation, may also be available for coverage related to the storm.
In the event of an emergency, please contact Tin Leg’s 24 Hour Emergency Assistance department as soon as reasonably possible at:
Emergency Assistance Inside US: 866-887-7105
Emergency Assistance Outside US (collect call): 001-317-582-2687
Emergency Assistance Email: email@example.com
In the event of a claim, please contact Tin Leg’s Claim department at 844-240-1233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Tin Leg with any questions at 844-240-1233, we are delighted to answer any additional questions.