Thousands of flight cancellations have already occurred as a result of the Northeast blizzard that is expected to hit on Monday, January 26th, 2015. As of this date, the blizzard is no longer considered unforeseen.
Travelers who purchased a Tin Leg, Economy, Standard or Luxury policy prior to January 26th, 2015, may be eligible for cancellation, interruption or travel delay benefits.
Tin Leg customers who have purchased a policy prior to the blizzard’s announcement are strongly urged to review their coverage as some benefits, including (but not limited to) trip cancellation, interruption, and travel delay, may be applied to this situation.
Covered reasons for weather-related cancellations, interruptions, and delays include (but are not limited to):
- Inclement weather which results in the complete cessation of travel services at the point of departure or destination for the below specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 48 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 24 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Accommodations at a destination are made uninhabitable
- You and/or your traveling companion have your principal place of residence made uninhabitable by Natural Disaster
- Reimbursement for meals, accommodations, local transportation, an economy fare ticket to resume your trip, or return to your original destination when delayed en route to or from your a covered trip for the below specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 6 consecutive hours
If you have any further questions please contact Tin Leg at 844-240-1233.
If you are already traveling and are concerned about coverage, please contact the 24-hour assistance line at 866-887-7105, if you are traveling within the US, or 317-582-2687, if you are traveling outside of the U.S.