On Thursday, May 28th, Tropical Storm Andres became the first named storm of the 2015 Eastern Pacific Hurricane Season.
As of May 28th, Tropical Storm Andres is no longer considered an unforeseen event. Coverage related to Tropical Storm Andres is not available for Tin Leg policies purchased after this date. Tin Leg policies purchased prior to May 28th may have coverage for the tropical storm.
In order for an event to be covered under Tin Leg policies, it must meet the following requirements:
- Occur after the policy is purchased
- Result in the complete cessation of travel services at the point of departure or destination for the below specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 48 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 24 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Accommodations at a destination are made uninhabitable
- You and/or your traveling companion have your principal place of residence made uninhabitable by Natural Disaster
- Reimbursement for meals, accommodations, local transportation, an economy fare ticket to resume your trip, or return to your original destination when delayed en route to or from your a covered trip for the below specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 6 consecutive hours
Please contact Tin Leg with any questions at 844-240-1233, we are delighted to answer any additional questions.