On Tuesday, June 16th, Tropical Storm Bill became a named storm in western Gulf of Mexico.
As of June 16th, Tropical Storm Bill is no longer considered an unforeseen event. Coverage related to Tropical Storm Bill is not available for Tin Leg policies purchased after this date. All Tin Leg policies purchased prior to June 16th offer Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage for Hurricane and Weather.
In order for an event to be covered under Tin Leg policies, it must meet the following requirements:
- Occur after the policy is purchased
- Result in the complete cessation of travel services at the point of departure or destination for the below specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 48 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 24 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Accommodations at a destination are made uninhabitable
- You and/or your traveling companion have your principal place of residence made uninhabitable by Natural Disaster
- Reimbursement for meals, accommodations, local transportation, an economy fare ticket to resume your trip, or return to your original destination when delayed en route to or from your a covered trip for the below specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 6 consecutive hours
Please contact Tin Leg with any questions at 844-240-1233, we are delighted to answer any additional questions.