You may be covered to cancel or interrupt your trip if your policy includes hurricane coverage and you meet the policy’s requirements.
In order for coverage to be available, your policy must have already been in effect before the storm was named.
Typically hurricane coverage is triggered by one of the following events:
- Your flight or cruise is delayed at least 12-48 hours
- Your hotel or other accommodations are rendered uninhabitable by the storm
- Your own home is rendered uninhabitable by the storm
- A hurricane warning for your destination within 24-48 hours of your departure (some policies)
- A mandatory evacuation at your destination (some policies)
This information is time sensitive and may vary by policy. If you have questions about a specific policy, please contact us directly at 800-240-0369. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7 and are delighted to help.