ST. PETERSBURG FL December 23, 2016 — As many U.S. travelers look to escape the cold weather this holiday season, leading travel insurance comparison site Squaremouth reveals the 10 most popular holiday destinations among its American customers.
Americans are favoring tropical destinations this holiday season.
- Cuba and Jamaica, both new entrants into the top 10, saw the two largest increases over 2015 with growth rates of 67% and 51%, respectively
- Australia is the most expensive top holiday destination, with an average trip cost of $4,308
Top 10 Holiday Destinations, Ranked by Number of U.S. Travelers
- 1. Mexico
- 2. Bahamas
- 3. Costa Rica
- 4. United Kingdom
- 5. Australia
- 6. Jamaica
- 7. Thailand
- 8. Germany
- 9. Dominican Republic
- 10. Cuba
Visit Squaremouth’s Holiday Travel and Travel Insurance Information Center to learn more about travel insurance coverage for trips during the holiday season.
Methodology: Data is based on travel insurance policies purchased through Squaremouth prior to 12/21/16 for travel between 11/16/16 and 1/16/17. Travelers who are visiting multiple countries only have to enter one destination when purchasing a policy on Squaremouth.com.
- Holiday Travel Hacks: Squaremouth Explains How to Avoid Holiday Travel Headaches
- The Biggest Mistake Holiday Travelers Make: Squaremouth Explains How to Avoid Winter Storm Woes
- 4 Reasons Not to Buy Travel Insurance for Your Holiday Trip, According to Squaremouth
Squaremouth compares travel insurance policies from every major travel insurance provider in the United States. Using Squaremouth’s comparison engine and third-party customer reviews, travelers can research and compare insurance products side-by-side. More information can be found at www.squaremouth.com.
Available Topic Expert: