The United States Embassy in Germany has issued the following security message update for U.S. Citizens.
Security Message Update for U.S. Citizens: Munich Shootings
Munich police have announced a “Cautious All Clear” for Munich as of 1:26 AM local time, and that public transport service has resumed. Air traffic at the Munich airport continues to arrive and depart as scheduled without interruption.
Munich police believe that a single shooter was responsible for the shootings, and that the shooter is now dead.
U.S. citizens should continue to:
- Exercise vigilance when in public places or using mass transportation.
- Be aware of immediate surroundings and avoid crowded places.
- Follow the instructions of local authorities, especially in an emergency.
- Monitor media and local event information sources and factor updated information into your travel plans and activities.
- Be prepared for additional security screening and unexpected disruptions.
- Stay in touch with your family, have a plan if you are separated and ensure they know to reach you in the event of an emergency.
Read the full message here: https://de.usembassy.gov/security-message-u-s-citizens-update-munich-shootings/