On Saturday, March 18, 2017, Paris Orly Airport suspended air traffic and closed incoming roads when a man was killed after seizing a soldier’s weapon within the airport.
As of J March 18, 2017, the U.S. Department of State has not declared the attack an attempted act of terrorism.
What you need to know about your policy:
The Paris Orly Airport attack occurred on March 18, 2017. After this time, it is no longer considered an unforeseen event and coverage related to the attack is no longer available for Tin Leg policies purchased after that date.
Tin Leg policies purchased prior to March 18, 2017, may provide limited benefits related to the shooting and subsequent airport closure.
The following benefit is available to Tin Leg policyholders (prior to 3/18/17) impacted by the Paris Orly Airport: Travel Delay
Travel Delay coverage for the attack:
Tin Leg’s Travel Delay benefit covers any delay of a common carrier. This includes travelers whose flights were delayed or outright cancelled as a result of the airport attack and subsequent closure. Coverage extends to travelers departing out of any airport, whose flights were delayed or cancelled as a result of the Paris Orly airport attack.
For an event to be covered under the Trip Delay benefit within Tin Leg policies, it must meet the following requirements for minimum length of delay:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 6 consecutive hours
Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption are currently not available.
The airport shooting and closure does not meet any of the covered reasons under Tin Leg’s Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage. Coverage will remain unavailable unless the U.S. Department of State deems the event a terrorist attack.
If the attack is deemed terrorism by the U.S. Department of State, travelers must meet at least one of the following requirements in order to be covered under Tin Leg policies:
- Attack must occur within 7 days of their departure
- Attack must occur within 50 miles of a city listed on their itinerary
- Attack must result in the complete cessation of travel services at the point of departure or destination for the following specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 48 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 24 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 12 consecutive hours
In the event of an emergency, please contact Tin Leg’s 24-Hour Emergency Assistance department as soon as reasonably possible at:
- Emergency Assistance Inside US: 844-927-9265 (Toll Free)
- Emergency Assistance Outside US (Collect Call): 001-727-264-5657
- Emergency Assistance Email: email@example.com
In the event of a claim, please contact Tin Leg’s Claim department at 844-240-1233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start your claim online: https://tinleg.com/claims/online
Please contact Tin Leg with any questions at 844-240-1233, we are delighted to answer any additional questions.