On Friday, November 20, the Radisson Blu Hotel in Bamako, Mali, was attacked by gunmen, killing at least three people and taking over 100 hostage.
What you need to know about your policy:
As of November 20, the Mali hotel attack has been officially deemed an act of terrorism by the U.S. Department of State. Coverage related to the Mali hotel attack is not available for Tin Leg policies purchased after this date.
There may be coverage for Tin Leg customers to cancel or interrupt their trip. In order to be eligible for these benefits, a Tin Leg policy must have been purchased on or prior to November 19, 2015.
Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage for Terrorism:
In order for an event to be covered under Tin Leg policies, the event must occur on or after the policy effective date and must be deemed an act of terrorism by the U.S. Department of State. It must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- The terrorist incident must occur within 7 days of your departure and within 50 miles of a city listed on your itinerary
- Result in the complete cessation of travel services at the point of departure or destination for the following specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 48 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 24 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 12 consecutive hours
Coverage for Travel Delay
In order for terrorism to be covered under the Trip Delay benefit within Tin Leg policies, it must meet the following requirements:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 6 consecutive hours
In addition to Trip Cancellation and Travel Delay coverage, other benefits, including Emergency Medical and Medical Evacuation, may also be available for coverage related to this event.
In the event of an emergency, please contact Tin Leg’s 24 Hour Emergency Assistance department as soon as reasonably possible at:
Emergency Assistance Inside US: 866-887-7105
Emergency Assistance Outside US (collect call): 001-317-582-2687
Emergency Assistance Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of a claim, please contact Tin Leg’s Claim department at 844-240-1233 or email@example.com.
Please contact Tin Leg with any questions at 844-240-1233, we are delighted to answer any additional questions.