On Wednesday March 18th, two gunmen stormed the Bardo Museum in Tunis, Tunisia, killing 17 tourists, and two others.
The U.S. Department of State declared these shootings in Tunisia an act of Terrorism.
This incident may be considered an event qualifying for Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage for Tin Leg customers with Economy, Standard and Luxury policies.
Travelers who purchased a Tin Leg policy prior to March 18th, 2015, may be eligible for Cancellation and Interruption coverage if the terrorist attack meets their policy’s definition and impacts their travel plans.
In order for an attack to be covered under Tin Leg policies, it must meet the following requirements:
- Occur after the policy is purchased
- Be deemed an act of terrorism by the U.S. Department of State
- Result in the complete cessation of travel services at the point of departure or destination for the below specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 48 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 24 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Occur within 7 days of your departure
- Occur within 50 miles of a city listed on your itinerary
Please contact Tin Leg with any questions at 844-240-1233, we are delighted to answer any additional questions.