Official position statements from Squremouth’s travel insurance providers on the July 15 coup attempt in Turkey and subsequent FAA flight ban.
The 7/15/16 political event in Turkey does NOT fall within the unforeseen events covered under trip cancellation or trip interruption of American Modern’s Travel insurance programs. The only exception would be for those policyholders who selected cancellation for any reason coverage.
For any questions please contact us at 1-855-327-1430 or email@example.com.
Turkish Coup Position Statement
International Medical Group® (IMG®) offers our condolences to the people suffering from the coup attempt in Turkey leaving 290 people dead and more than 1,400 injured on Friday, July 15, 2016.
This event does not fall within the iTravelInsured® products’ covered unforeseen perils, listed under the policies’ Trip Cancellation or Trip Interruption benefits.
Travelers who meet the purchase requirement for the Travel LX plan would be eligible under the Cancel for Any Reason and the Interrupt for Any Reason benefits.
With reference to coverage under IMG’s iTravelInsured policies:
• Missed Connection: If you miss your cruise or tour departure because your arrival at your trip destination is delayed for:
• Travel Lite – 3 or more hours
• Travel SE – 6 or more hours
• Travel LX – 3 or more hours
• Travel Delay: Benefits will be paid up to the policy’s maximum limit for reasonable accommodation, meal and local transportation expenses in the event you are delayed for:
• Travel Lite – 6 or more hours. $125 per day maximum $500
• Travel SE – 12 or more hours. $125 per day maximum $500
• Travel LX – 6 or more hours. $250 per day maximum $1,000
Please review your policy in full.
In event of a claim, please contact us at:
iTravelInsured Claims Department P.O. Box 88503 Indianapolis, IN 46208-0500 Telephone: +1.866.243.7524 or +1.317.655.9798 Fax: +1.317.655.4505 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For general inquiries please contact us at:
iTravelInsured Agency Services
P.O. Box 88509 Indianapolis, IN 46208-0509 Telephone: +1.866.347.6673 or +1.317.655.9796 Fax: +1.317.655.4505 E-mail: email@example.com
Military Coup in Turkey
Please note that this event does NOT fall within the unforeseen events covered under trip cancellation or trip interruption of American Modern’s Travel insurance programs.
The only exception would be for those policyholders who selected cancellation for any reason coverage.
Regarding the FAA ban on all flights from the USA to Turkey and all flights departing from Turkey to the USA. That is:
- There may be coverage under Trip Delay if the person had already departed for or is the process of returning home from their covered trip.
- Trip delay coverage varies among plans. Some plans cover defined hazards, which may include any delay of a Common Carrier (including Inclement Weather). Other plans cover the same unforeseen events as trip cancellation or trip interruption.
- Neither the military coup or the FAA’s ban are unforeseen events, so these separate events may not be covered.
- Terms and conditions may vary by program; please refer to the actual policy.
On July 15, 2016, there was an attempted coup in Turkey, which resulted in an FAA ban on all flights between the United States and Turkey.
What you need to know about your policy:
These event does not fall within the unforeseen events covered under the Trip Cancellation or Trip Interruption benefits of Tin Leg policies and there is no coverage for losses related to the attempted coup for current Tin Leg policyholders.
Travelers who have already departed on their trip may be eligible for Trip Delay benefits if they experience a travel delay during their covered trip.
In order to be eligible for these benefits, a Tin Leg policy must have been purchased prior to July 15, 2016.
Coverage for Travel Delay
In order to be covered under the Trip Delay benefit within Tin Leg policies, it must meet the following requirements for minimum length of delay:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 6 consecutive hours
In addition to Trip Delay coverage, other benefits, including Emergency Medical and Medical Evacuation, may also be available for coverage related to this event.
If you cannot go on your trip due to the FAA ban, or if you choose to cancel your trip, contact the claims department. You may be able to receive a pro-rated refund of your premium or transfer your policy for another trip.
In the event of an emergency, please contact Tin Leg’s 24-Hour Emergency Assistance department as soon as reasonably possible at:
Emergency Assistance Inside US: 844-927-9265 (Toll Free)
Emergency Assistance Outside US (Collect Call): 001-727-264-5657
Emergency Assistance Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of a claim, please contact Tin Leg’s Claim department at 844-240-1233 or email@example.com
Start your claim online: https://www.tinleg.com/report-claim/
Please contact Tin Leg with any questions at 844-240-1233, we are delighted to answer any additional questions.