On Friday, November 13th, the shootings, bombings and events in Paris killed at least 129 people and injured more than 350 people.
The U.S. Department of State declared these shootings and events in Paris an act of Terrorism.
What you need to know about your policy:
As of November 13th, the Paris Terrorist Attacks are no longer considered an unforeseen event. Coverage related to the Paris Terrorist Attacks is not available for Tin Leg policies purchased after this date. Tin Leg policies purchased on or prior to November 12th, 2015 offer Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage for terrorism.
In order for an event to be covered under Tin Leg policies, the event must occur after the policy has been purchased and meet at least one of the following requirements:
- The terrorist incident must occur within 7 days of your departure and within 50 miles of a city listed on your itinerary
- Result in the complete cessation of travel services at the point of departure or destination for the following specified amounts of time:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 48 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 24 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 12 consecutive hours
Coverage for Travel Delay
In order for terrorism to be covered under the Trip Delay benefit within Tin Leg policies, it must meet the following requirements:
- Tin Leg Economy policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Standard policy: 12 consecutive hours
- Tin Leg Luxury policy: 6 consecutive hours
In addition to Trip Cancellation and Travel Delay coverage, other benefits, including Emergency Medical and Medical Evacuation, may also be available for coverage related to this event.
In the event of an emergency, please contact Tin Leg’s 24 Hour Emergency Assistance department as soon as reasonably possible at:
Emergency Assistance Inside US: 866-887-7105
Emergency Assistance Outside US (collect call): 001-317-582-2687
Emergency Assistance Email: email@example.com
In the event of a claim, please contact Tin Leg’s Claim department at 844-240-1233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Tin Leg with any questions at 844-240-1233, we are delighted to answer any additional questions.