- Travel Safe and Global Alert helped alleviate the fear of hurricanes by offering extended protection on policies effective August, 2006. Travelers now have the option of canceling in the 24 hour period before their scheduled departure date, in the event of a hurricane warning issued by the NOAA National Hurricane Center. To be eligible for this coverage, customers must have their policy in effect at least 15 days prior to the cancellation.
- MNU Atlas policy now includes a benefit to be used in case of Natural Disasters and improved coverage for Incidental Trips Home. Natural Disaster benefit provides up to $100 a day for 5 days when displaced from planned, paid accommodations due to evacuation from forecasted disaster or following a disaster strike.
- Global Alert extended Trip Cancellation coverage to allow a cancellation due to a Mental, Nervous or Psychological Disorder requiring hospitalization of 3 days or more. Trip Cancellation coverage is extended to include death or hospitalization of a Host, as defined in the policy.
- Several carriers added a new benefit of up to $150 to cover re-banking fees associated with frequent flyer tickets or up to $150 to cover airline change or re-issue fees when a trip is canceled by a travel supplier of land or water travel arrangements.
- Global Alert Coverage was extended in the event the Insured’s workplace or Trip destination is made uninhabitable due to burglary, vandalism, fire, flood and other natural disasters.
- Travel Insured International expanded coverage when a passengers travel plans fall victim to the unpredictable furry of Mother Nature by including coverage for Trip Cancellation/Interruption die to a natural disaster at the site of destination which renders destination uninhabitable. They also reduced the Cancellation due to cessation of common carrier from 48 hours to 24 hours.
- Travel Insurance International increased medical evacuation limits and offered options for additional emergency medical, air flight accident and rental car.
- CSA added Trip Cancellation/Interruption cover when 1) the primary or secondary school where you or your traveling Family Member or Traveling Companion attend(s) must extend its operating session beyond its predefined school year and the travel dates for the Covered Trip fall within the period of the school year extension. Extension dues to extra-curricular or athletic events are not covered. and 2) your or your Traveling Companions or traveling Family Members approved, written military leave involuntarily revoked as a result of being temporarily or permanently re-assigned, being called to active military reserve or an extension of deployment beyond a defined tour of duty within 30 days of your departure date. All leave must be approved prior to the effective date. Full or partial mobilization or mass re-assignment of Armed Forces, invocation of the War Powers Act base or unit mobilization is not covered.
- CSA added Pet Care benefits to reimburse insured for additional Covered Events up to the amount shown in the Schedule (included under Travel Delay) if you are delayed in reaching your return destination due to a natural disaster or if you are confined in a Hospital as a patient.
Travelex offered more extensive terrorism coverage which no longer requires a travel warning to have been documented in order to cancel or interrupt your trip under the trip