Travel insurance plans can cover different types of trips, not just vacations. Student travel, particularly international student travel is a growing demographic for travel insurance. Travel Insurance Services recently blogged five reasons student travelers should have insurance while studying abroad. The following is an excerpt from the post.
- Medical Expenses – If your child becomes sick or is in an accident while out of the country, your medical insurance will most likely not be accepted at a foreign medical provider. Study USA-HealthCare™ will take care of the covered percentage of covered medical expenses if she should need medical attention.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation – International Medical Evacuations can costs hundreds of thousands of dollars. But if your child needs a medivac home or to a better facility, you have no other choice. With Study USA-HealthCare™, you’ll have all expenses covered up to a limit of $500,000.
- Mental or Nervous Disorders and Alcohol and Substance Abuse – College life coupled with being far from home can be a very stressful time in your child’s life. Be prepared with the support she needs when you can’t be there. The policy covers both in-patient and out-patient treatment up to $5,000.
- Emergency Travelers Assistance Service – When your child’s far from home and needs help, you can still give her the support she needs with our Emergency Travelers Assistance Service. This feature provides 24-hour verification of medical coverage for hospitals and physicians, 24-hour medical care location service, emergency medical transportation arrangements, multilingual services, 24-hour contact for legal emergencies and more.
- Meets Requirements – The policy meets the requirements set by the U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, and most university study abroad programs.