Lost Skier Days and Lost Golf Rounds coverage
Sports Weather Loss can reimburse a traveler’s prepaid and non-refundable trip payments when they are not able to participate in a sport or activity due to inclement weather.
LOST GOLF ROUNDS – Maximum Benefit Amount $500
The Company will reimburse You up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Schedule of Benefits for the value of Your pre-paid Golf tickets or greens fees for each day You are unable to complete at least nine holes of an eighteen hole round due to Golf Course closure, subject to the following:
a) You must have made a confirmed reservation and pre-paid deposit at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of Your tee time;
b) The course management must have temporarily closed the course due to inclement weather, resulting in Your delay or suspension of play of at least three (3) hours;
c) The course management must not reimburse You the value of the Golf tickets or greens fees, or issue You a credit;
d) You or Your playing group must not have caused any delay by missing or starting Your round past Your reserved start time; and
e) Your reservation is during Your Trip and on a date when the average temperature within twenty (20) miles of the course is historically above sixty (60) degrees Fahrenheit at noon local time.
If Your lost Golf round is part of a purchased package of multiple Golf rounds, Your benefit will be the pro-rata value of the round.
To qualify for benefits, You must provide a copy of the pre-paid Golf reservation and receipt, and a report from the resort or Golf Course management stating the date, time and duration, and reason for the closure.
LOST SKIER DAYS – $25/Day Up to 5 Days
The Company will reimburse You up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Schedule of Benefits for the value of Your or Your Traveling Companion’s pre-paid Ski tickets for each day You or Your Traveling Companion are unable to Ski during the Trip, subject to the following:
1. The Skiing must be scheduled to occur between December 1 and March 31;
2. Coverage begins on the later of the date and time You or Your Traveling Companion: a) arrive at the resort or b) acquire a valid Ski lift ticket;
3. A minimum of ten (10) Trails must be open on the date and time You or Your Traveling Companion arrive at the resort;
4. You or Your Traveling Companion are unable to Ski on a given day due to fifty percent (50%) or more of the Trails at the resort closing for at least eight (8) consecutive hours from lack of snow cover or stormy weather;
5. If Your or Your Traveling Companion’s Ski ticket applies to multiple Ski resorts within a fifty (50) mile radius and one of the other resorts is not experiencing fifty percent (50%) or more of the Trails closing for at least eight (8) consecutive hours from lack of snow cover or stormy weather on a given day, then no benefits are payable that day for inability to Ski.
If Your or Your Traveling Companion’s lost skier day is part of a lift ticket good for between two (2) and five (5) consecutive days, Your benefit will be the pro-rata value of the Ski day.
Benefits are not payable hereunder for season passes, lift ticket purchases of six (6) or more days or night Skiing.
To qualify for benefits, You must provide a copy of the pre-paid Ski lift ticket receipts, and a report from the resort stating the date, time and duration, percentage of Trails closed, and reason for Trail closures.