100% of the trip cost
Trip Cancellation provides reimbursement for prepaid and non-refundable trip payments if a trip is canceled due to unforeseen circumstances, including illness, injury, or death.
The Company will reimburse You, up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Schedule of Benefits subject to any applicable sub-limits, if You cancel Your Trip for any of the following reasons that are Unforeseen and takes place after Your Effective Date:
1. Your Sickness, Accidental Injury or death, that results in medically imposed restrictions as certified by a Physician at the time of Loss preventing Your participation in the Trip. A Physician must advise to cancel the Trip on or before the Scheduled Departure Date.
2. Sickness, Accidental Injury or death of a Family Member or Traveling Companion booked to travel with You, that results in medically imposed restrictions as certified by a Physician that causes Your Trip to be cancelled.
3. Sickness, Accidental Injury or death of a non-traveling Family Member.
4. The death or Hospitalization of Your Host at Destination within thirty (30) days of the date of Your Trip.
5. After one (1) year of continuous employment at the same company, You are terminated or laid-off, from full time employment by that company through no fault of Your own;
6. Your transfer of employment of two hundred fifty (250) miles or more. The transfer must require Your Home to be relocated.
7. Your or Your Traveling Companion’s company being made unsuitable for business by fire, flood, burglary, vandalism or other Natural Disaster and You or Your Traveling Companion is responsible for policy and decision making with the company and is directly involved as a member of the disaster recovery team.
8. You or Your Traveling Companion being required to work during the Trip. Proof of requirement to work, such as a notarized statement signed by an officer of Your or Your Traveling Companion’s employer must be presented. This benefit is not available to independent contractors, temporary employees or self-employed individuals, or if You or
Your Traveling Companion are a company owner or partner.
9. Your or Your Traveling Companion’s company being directly involved in a merger, acquisition, government required product recall or Bankruptcy or Default proceedings. You or Your Traveling Companion must be an active employee of the company and must be directly involved in said event.
10. You or Your Traveling Companion have a previously approved military leave revoked or experience a military reassignment.
11. You, Your Traveling Companion or Family Member, who are military personnel, are called to emergency duty to provide aid or relief in the event of a Natural Disaster (this does not include war).
12. Weather that causes complete cessation of services for at least forty-eight (48) consecutive hours of the Common Carrier with whom You are scheduled to travel and prevents You from reaching Your destination. This benefit will not apply if the Natural Disaster has been forecasted or a storm has been named prior topurchase of this Policy.
13. Natural Disaster at the site of Your destination that renders Your destination accommodations Uninhabitable. This benefit will not apply if the Natural Disaster has been forecasted or a storm has been named prior to purchase of this Policy.
14. A Terrorist Incident that occurs in Your departure city or in a city listed on Your Trip itinerary and within thirty (30) days prior to Your Scheduled Departure Date. Benefits are not provided if the Travel Supplier offers a substitute itinerary. This does not include flight connections or other transportation arrangements to reach Your destination. Your Scheduled Departure Date must be no more than fifteen (15) months beyond Your Effective Date. A Terrorist Incident that occurs onboard an in-flight aircraft is not covered.
15. You or Your Traveling Companion are a victim of a felonious assault.
16. You or Your Traveling Companion being hijacked, Quarantined, required to serve on a jury, or subpoenaed within ten (10) days of departure; having Your Home made Uninhabitable by Natural Disaster; or burglary of Your Home within ten (10) days of departure.
17. You or Your Traveling Companion being directly involved in a traffic accident (substantiated by a police report provided by You to the Company) while en route to departure.
18. Bankruptcy or Default of a Travel Supplier causing a complete cessation of travel services provided the Bankruptcy or Default occurs more than ten (10) days following Your Effective Date. Benefits will be paid due to Bankruptcy or Default of an airline only if no alternate transportation is available. If alternate transportation is available, benefits will be limited to the change fee charged to allow You to transfer to another airline in order to get to Your intended destination. This benefit only applies if Your Scheduled Departure Date is no more than fifteen (15) months beyond Your Effective Date.
19. Strike that causes complete cessation of services of the Common Carrier with whom You or Your Traveling Companion are scheduled to travel for at least forty-eight (48) consecutive hours.
The Company will reimburse You up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Schedule of Benefits , subject to any applicable sub-limits, for the following:
a) pre-paid non-refundable cancellation charges imposed by the Travel Suppliers;
b) airfare cancellation charges for flights in connection with Your Trip commencing within one day of the Travel Arrangements;
c) If Your Travel Supplier cancels Your Trip, You are covered up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Schedule of Benefits for the reissue fee charged by the airline for the tickets, or for the cost charged by the airline to retain Your frequent flyer miles if not used to purchase the airline ticket in conjunction with this Trip. You must have
covered the entire cost of the Trip including the airfare.
In no event shall the amount reimbursed exceed the amount You pre-paid for the Trip.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: You must advise the Company or its authorized representative within seventy -two (72) hours in the event of a claim. If the claim is not reported within seventy-two (72) hours, it should be reported as soon as possible. All other delays of reporting beyond seventy-two (72) hours will result in reduced benefit payments.
SINGLE OCCUPANCY COVERAGE
The Company will reimburse You for the additional cost incurred during the Trip as aresult of achange in the per person occupancy rate for pre-paid Travel Arrangements if a person booked to share accommodations with You has his/her Trip delayed, canceled, or interrupted for a covered reason and You do not cancel. This benefit is subject to the same Maximum Benefit indicated above.