The Sports & Activities benefit is designed to cover travelers who are participating in sports and adventurous activities, some of which may otherwise be excluded. Travelers can indicate the activities they will be participating in by selecting the Sports & Activities filter.
If you have selected sports and/or activities filters, the provider has confirmed that these activities are not excluded from coverage for this policy. Please keep in mind that you may not specifically see your selections listed as covered in the policy certificate. We have confirmed with the provider that these activities are not excluded, however, we cannot guarantee adequate coverage for your particular trip. Please call us to review your policy certificate for coverage limitations and exclusions that may apply to your trip and activities.
The policy certificate includes the following language:
Emergency Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains Exclusions:
In addition to the General Limitations and Exclusions, the following exclusions apply to the Emergency Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains Benefit. No benefits will be paid for any loss for, caused by, or resulting from:
e. Your participation in extreme activities or dangerous activities, except as a spectator.
Rental Vehicle Damage Exclusions:
In addition to the General Limitations and Exclusions, the following exclusions apply to the Rental Vehicle Damage coverage. Unless otherwise specified below, these exclusions apply to you, your traveling companion, and family member. This benefit will not cover any loss for, caused by, or resulting from:
f. Participation in contests of speed, motor sport or motor racing including training or practice for the same;
In addition to any applicable benefit-specific exclusions, the following exclusions apply to all losses and all benefits. Unless otherwise shown below, these exclusions apply to you, your traveling companion, family member, host at destination, business partner, pet and service animal. This policy does not cover any loss for, caused by or resulting from:
c. Operating or working as a crew member (including as a trainee or learner/student) aboard any aircraft or commercial vehicle or commercial watercraft;
h. The following activities are excluded unless the Adventure Sports Coverage has been elected and consideration of premium has been paid:
1. Participation in professional athletic events, motor sport, or motor racing, including training or practice for the same;
2. Sky diving, parachuting, hang gliding, bungee cord jumping, heliskiing, spelunking; white water rafting sports, hunting/shooting (does not apply if Adventure Sports Coverage is purchased);
3. Mountain climbing over four thousand five hundred (4,500) meters that requires the use of equipment such as pick-axes; anchors; bolts; crampons; carabineers; and lead or top-rope anchoring or other specialized equipment; (does not apply if Adventure Sports Coverage is purchased;)
4. Operating or learning to operate any aircraft, as student, pilot, or crew;
5. Air travel on any air-supported device, other than a regularly scheduled airline or air charter company;
6. Participation in underwater activities such as scuba diving (if depth exceeds thirty (30) feet or more); (does not apply if Adventure Sports Coverage is purchased);