$1,500 per person
Provides reimbursement for lost, stolen or damaged baggage or personal items. This coverage is usually for your entire trip, not just your flight. If you have items valued over $1000 it is best to have these items “scheduled” on your home-owners policy.
We will reimburse you, up to the amount shown in the Schedule, less any amounts payable under your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance, for direct loss, theft, damage or destruction of your Baggage, passports or visas during your Trip, provided you have taken reasonable steps to protect your Baggage against loss, theft, damage and destruction. Under this coverage, we will also provide benefits for the administrative fees to reissue lost, stolen or damaged tickets, visas or passports. We will also pay for loss due to unauthorized use of your credit cards, if you have complied with all of the credit card conditions imposed by the credit card companies.
Valuation and Payment of Loss
Payment of loss under the Baggage Benefit will be calculated based upon an Actual Cash Value basis. For items without receipts, payment of loss will be calculated based upon 75% of the Actual Cash Value at the time of loss. At our option, we may elect to repair or replace your Baggage.
We may take all or part of damaged Baggage as a condition for payment of loss. In the event of a loss to a pair or set of items, we will:
1. repair or replace any part to restore the pair or set to its value before the loss; or
2. pay the difference between the value of the property before and after the loss.
Continuation of Coverage
If the covered Baggage, passports or visas are in the custody of a Common Carrier, and delivery is delayed, this coverage will continue until the property is delivered to you. This continuation of coverage does not include loss caused by or resulting from the delay.
Items Not Covered
We will not pay for damage to or loss of:
1. animals; or
2. Business Equipment, Sporting Equipment, household furniture, musical instruments, brittle or fragile articles; or
3. boats, motors, motorcycles, motor vehicles, aircraft, and other conveyances or equipment, or parts for such conveyances; or
4. artificial limbs or other prosthetic devices, artificial teeth, dental bridges, dentures, dental braces, retainers or other orthodontic devices, hearing aids, any type of eyeglasses, sunglasses or contact lenses; or
5. documents or tickets (except for administrative fees required to reissue tickets, as noted above); or
6. money, stamps, stocks and bonds, postal or money orders, securities, accounts, bills, deeds, food stamps or credit cards, except as noted above; or
7. property shipped as freight or shipped prior to the Scheduled Departure Date; or
8. telephones, computer hardware or software; or
9. consumables, medicines, perfumes, cosmetics and perishables; or
10. items seized by any government, government official or customs official; or
11. illegal drugs and contraband.
Losses Not Covered
We will not pay for loss arising from:
1. defective materials or craftsmanship; or
2. normal wear and tear, gradual deterioration, inherent vice; or
3. rodents, animals, insects or vermin; or
4. mysterious disappearance; or
5. electrical current, including electric arcing that damages or destroys electrical devices or appliances.
Your Duties in the Event of a Loss
In case of loss, theft or damage to Baggage, you must:
1. immediately report the incident to the hotel manager, tour guide or representative, transportation official, local police or other local authorities and obtain their written report of your loss; and
2. take reasonable steps to protect your Baggage from further damage, and make necessary, reasonable and temporary repairs. We will reimburse you for these expenses. We will not pay for further damage if you fail to protect your Baggage.