$2,000 per person
Sports Equipment and Fees can reimburse a traveler’s prepaid and non-refundable payments for lift tickets, green fees, equipment rentals, and lessons.
SPORTING EQUIPMENT COVERAGE
We will reimburse you, up to the amount shown in the Schedule, for direct loss, theft, damage or destruction of your Sporting Equipment during your Trip, provided you have taken reasonable steps to protect your Sporting Equipment against loss, theft, damage and destruction.
Valuation and Payment of Loss
Payment of loss under the Sporting Equipment Benefit will be calculated based upon an Actual Cash Value basis. For items without receipts, payment of loss will be calculated based upon 75% of the Actual Cash Value at the time of loss. At our option, we may elect to repair or replace your Sporting Equipment.
We may take all or part of damaged Sporting Equipment as a condition for payment of loss. In the event of a loss to a pair or set of items, we will:
1. repair or replace any part to restore the pair or set to its value before the loss; or
2. pay the difference between the value of the property before and after the loss.
Continuation of Coverage
If the covered Sporting Equipment is in the custody of a Common Carrier, and delivery is delayed, this coverage will continue until the property is delivered to you. This continuation of coverage does not include loss caused by or resulting from the delay.
Items Not Covered
We will not pay for damage to or loss of:
1. boats, motors, motorcycles, motor vehicles, aircraft, and other conveyances or equipment, or parts for such conveyances; or
2. artificial limbs or other prosthetic devices, artificial teeth, dental bridges, dentures, dental braces, retainers or other orthodontic devices, hearing aids, any type of eyeglasses, sunglasses or contact lenses; or
3. illegal items and contraband.
Losses Not Covered
We will not pay for loss arising from:
1. defective materials or craftsmanship; or
2. normal wear and tear, gradual deterioration, inherent vice; or
3. rodents, animals, insects or vermin; or
4. mysterious disappearance; or
5. electrical current, including electric arcing that damages or destroys electrical devices or appliances.
Your Duties in the Event of a Loss
In case of loss, theft or damage to Sporting Equipment, you must:
1. immediately report the incident to the hotel manager, tour guide or representative, transportation official, local police or other local authorities and obtain their written report of your loss; and
2. take reasonable steps to protect your Sporting Equipment from further damage, and make necessary, reasonable and temporary repairs. We will reimburse you for these expenses. We will not pay for further damage if you fail to protect your Sporting Equipment.
SPORTING EQUIPMENT DELAY COVERAGE
Maximum Limit Per Person: $500
We will reimburse you, up to the amount shown in the Schedule for the cost of Sporting Equipment rentals if your Sporting Equipment is delayed for 12 hours or more during your Trip. We will reimburse you, up to the amount shown in the Schedule. for expenses incurred during your Trip to locate/track your delayed Sporting Equipment, and to retrieve your delayed Sporting Equipment or to have your delayed Baggage delivered to you.
This coverage terminates when your Sporting Equipment is retrieved or returned to you, or upon your arrival at the return destination of your Trip, whichever occurs first.