Identity Theft provides assistance with the services and costs associated with recovering a traveler’s identity and credit.
DESCRIPTION OF IDENTITY THEFT RESOLUTION SERVICES
• Obtain all pertinent credit information and history from you on the phone to determine if a fraud or theft has occurred.
• Educate you on how Identity Theft occurs and inform you of protective measures to take to avoid further occurrences.
• Provide you with a helpful ID Theft Resolution Kit.
• Provide you with a uniform ID Theft Affidavit (“Affidavit”), answer any question with regard to completing the Affidavit and submit the Affidavit to the proper authorities, credit bureaus, and creditors.
• Obtain list of creditors to be contacted and contact them with separate itemized fraudulent account statements for each fraudulent occurrence.
• Report or assist you in reporting the fraudulent activity to the local authorities and forward a report of the said fraudulent activity to your creditors.
• Notify all three major credit-reporting agencies to obtain a free credit report for you and place an alert on your records with the agencies, and obtain a list of additional creditors from you.
• If the Identity Theft Affidavit proves that you are a victim of Identity Theft, the assistance provider shall provide access via postal mail to credit monitoring to you for one year.
• Place a “security freeze” on your credit records, in states where such law was passed.
• Submit “Authorization Form” and Affidavit to your creditors requesting cancellation of your card(s) and an issuance of a new one(s).
• If other forms of identification were stolen or missing, such as an ATM card, Driver’s License, Social Security Card, Passport and so forth, notify or assist you in notifying the appropriate bank or agency of the situation so that you may take appropriate action and reissue a new form of identification.
• Provide you with assistance in filing or submitting paperwork for special ID Theft Protective measures, specific to your state of residence.
• On a weekly basis, until file is closed, contact you with an updated status report.
• When needed, follow up with creditors to ensure that the matter has been properly handled.