The following exclusion applies to the Air Flight Accident coverage:
We will not pay for a loss caused by or resulting from Sickness of any kind.
The following exclusion applies to all coverages except Baggage and Personal Effects:
We will not pay for loss or expense caused by or incurred resulting from a Pre-Existing Condition, including death that results therefrom. This Exclusion does not apply to benefits under Covered Expenses item 1, 2 or 6 of the Emergency Assistance Benefits coverage.
Pre-Existing Condition means an illness, disease, or other condition during the 180-day period immediately prior to your effective date for which you or your Traveling Companion or Family Member who is scheduled or booked to travel with you: 1) received, or received a recommendation for, a diagnostic test, examination or medical treatment; or 2) took or received prescription drugs or medicine.
Item 2 of this definition does not apply to a condition which is treated or controlled solely through the taking of prescription drugs or medicine and remains treated or controlled without any adjustment or change in the required prescription throughout the 180-day period before coverage is in effect under the Policy.
The following exclusions apply to all coverages:
We will not pay for any loss under the plan caused by, or resulting from:
1. your, your Traveling Companion’s, or Family Member’s suicide, attempted suicide, or intentionally self-inflicted injury, while sane or insane (while sane in CO & MO);
2. mental, nervous, or psychological disorders;
3. being under the influence of drugs or intoxicants, unless prescribed by a Physician;
4. normal pregnancy or resulting childbirth or elective abortion;
5. participation as a professional in athletics;
6. participation in organized amateur and interscholastic athletic or sports competition or events;
7. riding or driving in any motor competition;
8. declared or undeclared war, or any act of war;
9. civil disorder (does not apply to Travel Delay);
10. service in the armed forces of any country;
11. nuclear reaction, radiation or radioactive contamination;
12. operating or learning to operate any aircraft, as pilot or crew;
13. mountain climbing, bungee cord jumping, skydiving, parachuting, hang gliding, parasailing or travel on any air supported device, other than on a regularly scheduled airline or air charter company;
14. any unlawful acts, committed by you, a Traveling Companion or Family Member traveling with you (whether insured or not);
15. any amount paid or payable under any Worker’s Compensation, disability benefit or similar law;
16. a loss or damage caused by detention, confiscation or destruction by customs;
17. Elective Treatment and Procedures;
18. pandemic and/or epidemic;
19. medical treatment during or arising from a Trip undertaken for the purpose or intent of securing medical treatment;
20. Financial Insolvency of the person, organization or firm from whom you directly purchased or paid for your Covered Trip, Financial Insolvency which occurred, or for which a petition for bankruptcy was filed by a travel supplier;
21. business, contractual, or educational obligations of you, a Family Member, or Traveling Companion;
22. failure of any tour operator, Common Carrier, or other travel supplier, person or agency to provide the bargained for travel arrangements;
23. a loss that results from an illness, disease, or other condition, event or circumstance which occurs at a time when the plan is not in effect for you.