Free look up to 10 days after purchase
Money back guarantees are provided to allow you to decide if the policy you purchased is right for you. Your guarantee or “free look” period can last for up to 14 days depending on insurance company although it expires as soon as you use the policy by making a claim or reaching your departure date.
This Policy is issued in consideration of the enrollment form and payment of any premium due. All statements in the enrollment forms are representations and not warranties. Only statements contained in a written enrollment form will be used to void insurance, reduce benefits or defend a claim. All protection plan costs and fees are non-refundable after a 10 day review period. In the event the plan cost paid for coverage is less than the required plan cost for coverage, benefits will be paid in direct proportion of the actual amount paid to the required plan cost due.
Accident means a sudden, unexpected, unusual, specific event that occurs at an identifiable time and place, but shall also include exposure resulting from a mishap to a conveyance in which You are traveling.
Accidental Injury means Bodily Injury caused by an Accident (of external origin) being the direct and independent cause in the Loss.
Actual Cash Value means replacement cost new less depreciation.
Additional Expense means any reasonable expenses for meals and lodging which were necessarily incurred as the result of a Hazard and which were not provided by the Common Carrier or other party free of charge.
Bankruptcy means the filing of a petition for voluntary or involuntary Bankruptcy in a court of competent jurisdiction under Chapter 7 or Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code 11 L.S.C. Subsection 101 et seq.
Bodily Injury means identifiable physical injury which is caused by an Accident and is independent of disease or bodily infirmity.
Business Equipment means Computer equipment, communication devices (including mobile phones) and other business-related equipment which You need for Your business and which is not insured elsewhere.
Business Partner means an individual who: (a) is involved in a legal partnership; and/or (b) is actively involved in the day-to-day management of the business.
Checked Baggage means a piece of baggage for which a claim check has been issued to You by a Common Carrier.
Common Carrier means any land, sea, and/or air conveyance operating under a valid license for the transportation of passengers for hire.
Company means American Commerce InsuranceCompany.
Covered Trip means any class of scheduled trips, tours or Cruises for which You request coverage and remit the required premium.
Cruise means any prepaid sea arrangements made
Default means a material failure or inability to provide contracted services due to financial insolvency.
Dependent Child(ren) means [one of] the Insured’s child(ren), including an unmarried child(ren), stepchild, legally adopted child(ren) or foster child(ren) who is: less than age 19 and primarily dependent on the Insured for support and maintenance; or [who is at least age 19 but less than age 26] and who regularly attends [an institution of learning] [an accredited school or college]; and who is primarily dependent on the Insured for support and maintenance.
Domestic Partner means a person with whom You reside and can show evidence of cohabitation (including the shared responsibility for basic living expenses) for at least the previous six (6) months and has an affidavit of domestic partnership or civil union, if recognized by the jurisdiction within which You reside.
Economy Fare means the lowest published rate for an economy ticket.
Effective Date means 12:01 AM local time, at Your location, on the day after the required premium for such coverage is received by the Company or its authorized representative.
Emergency Treatment means necessary medical treatment, including services and supplies, which must be performed during the Covered Trip due to the serious and acute nature of the Accidental Injury or Sickness.
Exotic Vehicles includes Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, Auburn, Avanti, Bentley, Bertone, BMC/Leyland, BMW M Series, Bradley, Bricklin, Cosworth, Citroen, Clenet, De Lorean, Excalibre, Ferrari, Fiat, Iso, Jaguar, Jensen, Jensen Healy, Lamborghini, Lancia, Lotus, Maserati, MG, Morgan, Pantera, Panther, Pininfarina, Rolls Royce, Rover, Stutz, Sterling, Triumph, TVR and Yugo.
Family Member means You or Your Traveling Companion’s legal or common law spouse, ex-spouse,
Domestic Partner, parent, legal guardian, step-parent, grandparent, parents-in-law, grandchild, natural or adopted child, foster child, step-child, child(ren)-in-law, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew, or Business Partner who reside in the United States, Canada or Mexico.
Hazard means (a) any delay of a Common Carrier (including Inclement Weather); (b) any delay by a traffic Accident en route to a departure, in which You or a Traveling Companion is directly involved; © any delay due to lost or stolen passports, travel documents or money, quarantine, hijacking, unannounced strike, natural disaster, civil commotion or riot; (d) a closed roadway causing cessation of travel to the destination
of the Covered Trip (substantiated by the department
of transportation,state police, etc.).
Hospital means a facility that (a) holds a valid license if it is required by the law; (b) operates primarily for the care and treatment of sick or injured persons as in-patients; © has a staff of one or more Physicians available at all times; (d) provides twenty-four (24)-hour nursing service and has at least one registered professional nurse on duty or call; (e) has organized diagnostic and surgical facilities, either on the premises or in facilities available to the Hospital on a pre-arranged basis; and (f) is not, except incidentally, a clinic, nursing home, rest home, or convalescent home for the aged, or similar institution.
Host at Destination means a person with whom You are sharing pre-arranged overnight accommodations at the host’s usual principal place of residence.
Inclement Weather means any severe weather condition that delays the scheduled arrival or departure of a Common Carrier.
Individual Coverage Term means the period of time beginning when You have been enrolled for coverage under the Policy and for which the required premium has been paid.
Insured means the person who has enrolled for and paid for coverage under the Policy.
Land/Sea Arrangements means any activities undertaken by You while in the Individual Coverage Term.
Loss means injury or damage sustained by You in consequence of happening of one or more of the occurrences against which the Company has undertaken to indemnify You.
Medically Necessary means a treatment that is essential for the diagnosis, treatment and care of the Accidental Injury or Sickness, meets generally accepted standards of medical practice and is ordered by a
Physician and performed under the Physician’s care, supervision or order.
Maximum Benefit means the largest total amount of Covered Expenses that the Company will pay for Your covered Losses.
Natural Disaster means a large-scale extreme weather or environmental event that disrupts transportation such as earthquake, fire, flood, cyclonic, volcanic eruption or any other extraordinary atmospheric, meteorological,seismic or geological phenomenon.
Physician means a licensed practitioner (including a Christian Science Practitioner) of medical, surgical or dental services acting within the scope of his/her license. The treating Physician may not be You, a Traveling Companion or a Family Member.
Pre-Existing Condition means any injury, Sickness or condition of You, or Your Traveling Companion for which within the sixty (60) day period prior to the Effective Date of the Policy (a) first manifested itself or exhibited symptoms which would have caused one to seek diagnosis, care or treatment; (b) required taking prescribed drugs or medicine, unless the condition for which the prescribed drug or medicine is taken remains controlled without any change in the required prescription; or © required medical treatment or treatment was recommended by a Physician.
The Pre-Existing Conditions exclusion is waived if You enroll in the Plan at the time You pay the deposit required for the Covered Trip (or within fourteen (14) days of the initial deposit) and You purchase the coverage under the Plan for the full cost of the Covered Trip.
Primary Residence means Your permanent, fixed address and Primary Residence for legal and tax purposes in Your home country. It is where the emergency repatriation and/or return of remains detailed in this policy will be made. It is also the country and state where the policy was issued.
Reasonable and Customary charges mean charges commonly used by Physicians in the locality in which care is furnished.
Scheduled Departure Date means the date on which You are originally scheduled to leave on the Covered Trip.
Scheduled Return Date means the date on which You are originally scheduled to return to the point of origin or to a different final destination.
Sickness means an illness or disease which is diagnosed or treated by a Physician after the Effective Date of insurance and while You are covered under the Policy.
Strike means any unannounced labor disagreement that interferes with the normal departure and arrival of a Common Carrier.
Terrorist Incident means an incident deemed a terrorist act by the United States Government.
Traveling Companion means a person or persons with whom You have coordinated travel arrangements and intends to travel with during the Covered Trip. Note, a group or tour leader is not considered a Traveling Companion unless You are sharing room accommodations with the group or tour leader.
Travel Supplier means tour operator, Cruise line, hotel, airline, etc., that has made the land and/or sea arrangements.
You or Your refers to all persons listed on the Confirmation of Coverage under the program purchased by the Insured.
The following exclusions apply to the following coverages when such coverage is a part of Your Policy:
Trip Cancellation, & Trip Interruption, Trip Delay, Missed Connection, Emergency Accident & Sickness Medical Expense, Emergency Accident Dental Expense, Emergency Evacuation & Repatriation of Remains, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Optional Flight Accidental Death & Dismemberment:
Loss caused by or resulting from:
1. Pre-Existing Conditions, as defined in the Definitions section (except Emergency Evacuation, Trip Delay, Baggage and Personal Effects, Lost Baggage, and Repatriation of Remains);
2. Suicide, attempted suicide or any intentionally self-inflicted injury while sane or insane (in Missouri, sane only) unless results in the death of a non-traveling immediate Family Member;
3. War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities between nations (whether declared or not), civil war, events or actions of the Armed Forces or Security Forces in peacetime; riot or civil unrest (except in the case of trip delay);
4. Participation in any military maneuver or training exercise;
5. Piloting or learning to pilot or acting as a member of the crew of any aircraft;
6. Mental or emotional disorders, unless hospitalized;
7. Participation in organized athletics either amateur or professional;
8. Participation in underwater activities (does not include recreational swimming);
9. Expenses incurred as the result of being under the influence of drugs or intoxicants, unless prescribed by a Physician or unless results in the death of a non-traveling immediate Family Member;
10. Commission or the attempt to commit a criminal act;
11. Participating in any of the following: bodily contact sports (bodily contact sports means any sport where the objective is to physically render an opponent unable to continue with the competition such as boxing and full contact karate); brawling or fighting; skydiving; hang-gliding; parachuting; mountaineering or rock climbing or repelling; horse jumping and polo; bungee cord jumping; any race; speed contest (speed contest shall not include any of the regatta races); scuba diving if the depth exceeds 50 feet (unless accompanied by a dive master and unless You are is certified to dive); spelunking or caving; heli-skiing or extreme skiing; and bobsledding or luge;
12. Dental treatment except as described under Emergency Accident Dental Expense Coverage;
13. Any non-Emergency Treatment or surgery, routine physical examinations, elective treatment or surgery, hearing aids, eyeglasses or contact lenses;
14. Pregnancy and childbirth (except for complications of pregnancy) or; elective abortion;
15. Traveling for the purpose of securing medical treatment, diagnosis or medical testing;
16. Services not shown as covered;
17. Directly or indirectly, the actual, alleged or threatened discharge, dispersal, seepage, migration, escape, release or exposure to any Hazardous biological, chemical, nuclear radioactive material, gas, matter or contamination;
18. Care or treatment that is not Medically Necessary;
19. Injury or Sickness when traveling against the advice of a Physician;
20. Cosmetic surgery except for: reconstructive surgery incidental to or following surgery for trauma, or infection or other covered disease of the part of the body reconstructed due to a covered Injury or Illness;
21. Natural Disasters except as otherwise stated under Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption and Trip delay coverages;
22. Treatment for which compensation is payable under a Worker’s Compensation Law or Occupational Disease Law;
23. Travel to a location subject to a current travel warning issued by the United States Department of State;
24. Financial Default of the Travel Supplier.
25. Expenses incurred for annual membership or maintenance fees for time share properties.
The following exclusions apply to Baggage/Personal Effects, Baggage Delay:
The Company will not provide benefits for any Loss, theft or damage to:
2. Automobiles and automobile equipment;
3. Boats or other vehicles or conveyances;
8. Bicycles (except when checked as baggage with a Common Carrier);
9. Household effects, furnishings or consumables including medicines and perishables;
10. Antiques and collectors’ items;
11. Eyeglasses,sunglasses or contact lenses;
12. Artificial teeth and dental bridges;
13. Hearing aids;
14. Prosthetic limbs;
15. Prescribed medications;
16. Keys, money, stamps, securities and documents;
18. Money, traveler’s checks or Credit cards;
19. Professional or occupational equipment or property, whether or not electronic Business Equipment;
20. Personal computers, telephones, computer hardware or software;
21. Sporting equipment if Loss or damage results from the use thereof.
Any Loss caused by or resulting from the following is excluded:
1. Breakage of brittle or fragile articles;
2. Wear and tear or gradual deterioration;
3. Insects or vermin;
4. Inherent vice or damage while the article is actually being worked upon or processed;
5. Confiscation or expropriation by order of any government;
6. War or any act of war whether declared or not;
7. Theft or pilferage of baggage or personal property while left unattended in any vehicle or public conveyance;
8. Mysterious disappearance of baggage or personal property;
9. Property illegally acquired, kept, stored or transported;
10. Insurrection or rebellion;
11. Imprudent action or omission;
12. Property shipped as freight or shipped prior to or after the Scheduled Departure Date.