As a healthy, fit, and not accident-prone adult, I hate having to buy any kind of travel insurance. I get the cheapest medical policy I can find that will supplement the coverage provided by my health plan at home. After googling a number of options, I spoke on the phone with a Squaremouth rep who gave me clear info and advice on the best option. I then went online to purchase it, since I didn't need her help to do that.
I have noticed that a number of companies offer 'top-up' policies to cover extra days spent away from home. My health plan covers 80% of medical costs incurred out of the country, and I would like to see a secondary-provider policy that would pick up the other 20%. Mine can't be the only health plan that works on percentages as opposed to days of travel. As it is, I have to guess what would be 20% of costs, based on worst case scenario illness or injury.
Below is a copy on an email I just sent to customer service just to make sure you receive it and get back to me about the situation described in it:
Today, I received two emails, each of which was questioning me about a cruise from which I just returned.
One listed Squaremouth Policy 10572015040410342590 and the other listed Squaremouth Policy GTC-100428.
I am writing because I want to confirm that ONLY Squaremouth Policy 10572015040410342590 was active, and that I received a refund for Squaremouth Policy GTC-100428.
I bought the GTC policy in error on 4/4/2015 and called your customer service line immediately to cancel it and buy the other. I spoke with a polite and well-informed young lady who handled that transaction.
Please confirm at your earliest convenience.
Really can't comment until I see the resolution of my claim
Everyone I spoke with at iTravelInsured was very helpful and provided an exact answer. I would recommend this policy to other travelers.
Easy and someone pick up after hours.
iTravelInsured processed my claim without any issues. The customer service was great, answered all my questions. Highly recommend it.
Customer service representative I spoke with was knowledgeable, professional and friendly. Yes I would recommend this policy to other travelers
We choose this policy because of the rate and the reviews. Our interaction with Squaremouth was extremely positive. It was necessary to make a change to the policy after the purchase (but within the time limit). The contact person was helpful and courteous.
Reasonable rates, user friendly web site. Would recommend to others.
Multi-Award Winning Customer Service
Squaremouth’s out-of-the-box approach to customer service was recognized internationally in 2017, earning a Gold Stevie Award for Customer Service Department of the Year. This was Squaremouth’s first international Stevie and fourth customer service award overall.Read more
Customer Service is Everybody’s Job
“Customer service is not a department, and Squaremouth knows it. Every employee spends time on the phone with customers.” New York Times and Wall Street Journal best-selling author, Shep Hyken, explains four core components of Squaremouth’s exceptional customer service.Read more
$1,000 tips shine a light on service
Squaremouth, a company that puts a focus on how to treat customers, rewards 20 who do the same.
BY KATHERINE SNOW SMITH
Times Staff Writer
One of America’s Best Workplaces
Squaremouth is consistently recognized, both locally and nationally, as one of the best places to work. Fortune Magazine named Squaremouth one of America’s Best Small Workplaces and the No. 2 Best Workplace for Women in the nation.Read more