Rental Car Damage provides reimbursement for damage to, or theft of, a rental vehicle during a covered trip.
RENTERS COLLISION INSURANCE
If You rent a car while on the Covered Trip, and the car, while in Your possession, is damaged due to collision, theft, vandalism, windstorm, fire, hail, flood or any cause not within Your control, We will pay the lesser of:
a) The cost of repairs and rental charges imposed by the rental company while the car is being repaired; or
b) The Actual Cash Value of the car, meaning purchase price less depreciation; or
c) The amount shown on the Schedule of Benefits
Coverage is provided to You and Your Traveling Companions, provided You and Your Traveling Companions are licensed drivers, and are listed on the rental agreement.
You must perform the following duties in the event of loss:
a) Take all reasonable, necessary steps to protect the vehicle and prevent further damage to it;
b) Report the loss to the appropriate local authorities and the rental company as soon as reasonably possible;
c) Obtain all information on any other party involved in an Accident, such as name, address, insurance information and driver’s license number; and
d) Provide Us with all documentation such as rental agreement, police report and damage estimate.
The following is added to SECTION VI – GENERAL LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS:
The following exclusions apply to Renters Collision Insurance:
We will not pay for any loss involving or attributable to, in whole or in part, the following:
1. Any obligation You assume under any agreement (except insurance collision Deductible);
2. Rentals of trucks, campers, trailers, off-road vehicles, motor bikes, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, limousines or other commercial or Exotic Vehicles;
3. Any Loss that occurs if You are in violation of the rental agreement;
4. Failure to report the loss to the proper local authorities and the rental company;
5. Damage to any other vehicle, structure or person as a result of a covered Loss;
6. Glass damage;
7. Overhead damage;
8. Tire damage;
9. Antique motor vehicles;
10. Any contents in the rental car;
11. Any Loss as the result of physical damage or loss attributable to mechanical breakdown or failure, wear and tear, gradual deterioration, corrosion, rust or freezing or any neglect or abuse of the vehicle by You.
12. Confiscation or expropriation by order of any government