Flight Only AD&D provides a cash payment in the event of accidental loss of life or limb that occurs while flying during a covered trip.
FLIGHT ACCIDENT ACCIDENTAL DEATH AND DISMEMBERMENT – OPTIONAL UPGRADE
The Insured is eligible for benefits as the result of an accident:
1. Received while a passenger on a regularly scheduled airline flight or regularly scheduled charter operated; in scheduled air transportation pursuant to economic authority issued by the Civil Aeronautics Board; by an intrastate scheduled airline of United States registry maintaining regularly published schedules and licensed for the transportation of passengers by a duly constituted authority having jurisdiction over civil aviation in the state in which said airline operates; or by a scheduled airline of foreign registry maintaining regularly published schedules and licensed for transportation of passengers by the duly constituted governmental authority having jurisdiction over civil aviation in the country of registry of such airline;
2. Received while a passenger on any aircraft, other than a single-engine jet, which at the time is making a flight for the principal purchase of transporting passengers and not for any other operational, tactical or test purpose and which is operated by the Military Airlift Command of the United States, the Royal Canadian Air Force Air Transport Command, or the Royal Air Force Air Transport Command of Great Britain;
3. Received while a passenger on any land or water conveyance provided at the expense of the air carrier as a substitute for an aircraft covered by this policy;
4. Received while a passenger on a vehicle licensed to carry passengers for hire, but only when:
• going to an airport to board an aircraft on which the Insured is covered by his policy; or
• when leaving an airport after alighting from such an aircraft;
5. Received while upon airport premises designated for passenger use immediately before boarding or immediately after alighting from an aircraft on which the Insured is covered under this policy.
Benefits will be paid equal to the amount purchased for accidental death or dismemberment when the Insured sustains Injuries resulting in any of the following losses within 180 days from the date of the accident:
Type of Loss Percentage of Principle Sum
Loss of Life 100%
Loss of both feet 100%
Loss of both hands 100%
Loss of both eyes 100%
Loss of one hand and one foot 100%
Loss of one hand and one eye 100%
Loss of one foot and one eye 100%
Loss of one hand 50%
Loss of one foot 50%
Loss of one eye 50%
Loss of hand or hands, or foot or feet, means severance at or above the wrist joint or ankle joint, respectively. Loss of eye or eyes means the total and irrecoverable loss of the entire sight thereof. Only the largest applicable amount shown above will be paid for the Injuries resulting from one accident. The benefit for loss of: a) two extremities; b) both eyes; or c) one extremity and one eye is payable only when such loss results from the same accident.
If, while covered by this benefit, the Insured is unavoidably exposed to the elements because of an eligible accident and suffer a loss for which benefits are payable under this benefit, such loss will be payable under this policy. If, while eligible for this benefit, the Insured is in an accident resulting in the disappearance, sinking or damaging of an air or water conveyance on which the Insured is scheduled under this policy, and the Insured’s body has not been found within 52 weeks from the date of the accident, it will be presumed, unless there is evidence to the contrary, that the Insured suffered a loss of life as a result of those Injuries.
Flight Accident Option also includes a medical expense feature that pays Eligible Expenses up to $50 for each $1,000 of the chosen benefit amount. If medical expense occurs within 52 weeks of an eligible accident, the Insured will be paid for Eligible Medical Expenses as well as home health care from a licensed home health agency, but only if continued Hospital care would have otherwise been required; attendance of a registered graduate nurse; x-ray examination; or, use of an ambulance. Loss must occur within 100 days of the accident. To receive benefits, loss must be independent of illness or disease and all other causes.