Sports Equipment Delay can cover the cost of renting equipment in the event a traveler’s own equipment is delayed while on the way to their destination.
OPTIONAL SPORTS EQUIPMENT AND BUSINESS EQUIPMENT RENTAL
If Your Business Equipment or sports equipment is lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or delayed by a Common Carrier for 6 hours or more during Your Trip for the reasons covered by the Baggage and Baggage Delay benefits, We will reimburse You on a one-time basis, up to the Maximum Benefit Amount shown in the Schedule of Benefits, for the reasonable costs of renting Business Equipment or sports equipment during Your Trip.
A police report is required if Your Business Equipment or sports equipment is stolen. Documentation from the Common Carrier is required for proof of damage, delay, or loss by a Common Carrier. Original receipts and list of stolen, damaged or lost Business Equipment or sports equipment must be provided along with proof of loss providing amount of loss, date, time and cause of loss, and a repair estimate, if the Business Equipment or sports equipment is damaged.
For claimed items without original receipts, payment of loss will be calculated based upon 75% of the Actual Cash Value at the time of loss, not to exceed $500 per item for Business Equipment or sports equipment.
The following exclusions and limitations apply to Baggage and Personal Effects, Baggage Delay, Business Equipment Rental and Sports Equipment Rental:
We will not provide benefits for any loss or damage to:
2) automobiles and automobile equipment; boats or other vehicles or conveyances; motorcycles; trailers; motors; or aircraft;
3) bicycles, except when checked as baggage with a Common Carrier;
4) household effects and furnishings; antiques and collector items;
5) eyeglasses, sunglasses, contact lenses, artificial teeth, dentures, dental bridges, or retainers, or other orthodontic devices or hearing aids;
6) artificial limbs or other prosthetic devices;
7) keys, money, and credit cards (except as otherwise specifically covered herein); securities, stamps, tickets, and documents (except as coverage is otherwise specifically provided herein);
8) sporting equipment if the loss results from the use thereof.
We will not provide benefits for any loss or damage caused by or resulting from:
1) breakage of brittle or fragile articles;
2) wear and tear or gradual deterioration;
3) confiscation or appropriation by order of any government or custom’s rule;
4) theft or pilferage while left in any unlocked or unattended vehicle;
5) property illegally acquired, kept, stored or transported;
6) Your negligent acts or omissions;
7) property shipped as freight or shipped prior to the Scheduled Departure Date;
8) electrical current, including electric arcing that damages or destroys electrical devices or appliances;
9) insects, vermin or inherent vice.
We will not provide benefits for any loss or damage to Your Baggage which has been reimbursed by a Common Carrier, hotel or Travel Supplier