$100,000 per person
Non-Medical Evacuation provides transportation from a place of danger to a place of safety during a natural disaster or a time of civil or political unrest.
POLITICAL OR SECURITY EVACUATION
We will pay, up to the Maximum Benefit Amount shown in the Schedule of Benefits, for all reasonable evacuation expenses incurred for Your transportation to the nearest safe haven, if You must leave Your Trip for a covered Political or Security Event.
Evacuation must occur within 7 days of any Political or Security Event. Arrangements will be by the most appropriate and economical means available and consistent with Your health and safety. Benefits are only payable for arrangements made by Our Program Assistance Provider.
Following an evacuation due to a Political or Security Event and when safety allows, We will pay for one-way Economy Transportation to return You to either the Host Country or Your Home Country, whichever country You designate.
POLITICAL OR SECURITY EVACUATION COVERAGE DEFINITIONS
“Home Country” means the country or territory as shown on Your passport.
“Host Country” means a country or territory You are visiting or in which You are living which is not Your Home Country.
“Political or Security Event” means: 1) a Natural Disaster; 2) civil, military or political unrest for which a formal written recommendation from the appropriate local government authorities, or the U.S. State Department, for You to leave a country is issued; or 3) You being expelled or declared a persona non-grata by a country You are visiting on Your Trip.
POLITICAL OR SECURITY EVACUATION COVERAGE CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS
1. The benefits and services described herein are provided to You only if Our Program Assistance Provider arranges or coordinates Your evacuation.
2. We will not pay for any loss or expense recoverable under any other insurance or through an employer.
3. Our Program Assistance Provider has sole discretion regarding the means, methods and timing of a Political or Security Evacuation. However, the decision to travel is Your sole responsibility.
4. You will be responsible for all transportation and living costs while located at the safe haven.
5. We are not responsible for the availability, timing, quality, results of, or failure to provide any service caused by conditions beyond our control. This includes Our inability to provide You an evacuation or any additional services when the rendering of such evacuation or service is prohibited by United States of America law, local laws or regulatory agencies. A Political or Security Evacuation is not covered from Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Chechnya, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iran, Israel West Bank, Israel Gaza Strip, Ivory Coast, Lebanon, Libya, North Korea, Sudan or Syria.
6. We will not pay any costs or expenses arising from:
a) Political or Security Evacuation from Your Home Country.
b) Political or Security Evacuation when the Political or Security Event precedes Your arrival in the Host Country.
c) Political or Security Evacuation when the evacuation notice has been issued or posted by the recognized government of Your Home Country or the Host Country for a period of more than seven (7) days and You have failed to notify Our Program Assistance Provider regarding Your need to be evacuated.
d) the actual or threatened use or release of any nuclear, chemical or biological weapon or device, or exposure to nuclear reaction or radiation, regardless of contributory cause.
7. We will not pay for more than one (1) Political or Security Evacuation from a country or territory per individual per Trip.
8. We will not pay for any loss or expense arising from or attributable to: a) fraudulent or criminal acts committed or attempted by You; b) alleged violation of the laws of the country You are visiting, unless We determine such allegations to be fraudulent; or c) failure to maintain required documents or visas.
9. We will not pay for any loss or expense arising from or attributable to: a) debt, insolvency, business or commercial failure; b) the repossession of any property; or c) Your non-compliance with a contract, license or permit.
10. We will not pay for any loss or expense arising from or due to liability assumed by You under any contract.