$50,000 per person
Emergency Medical can reimburse the costs to treat a medical emergency during a trip.
EMERGENCY ACCIDENT & SICKNESS MEDICAL EXPENSE
Benefits will be paid for covered Medical Expenses incurred, up to the Maximum Benefit Amount shown in the Schedule of Benefits, subject to the following: 1) covered Medical Expenses will only be payable at the Usual and Customary level of charges; 2) benefits will be payable only for covered Medical Expenses resulting from an Emergency Condition that first manifests itself or occurs while on Your Trip; 3) only Medical Expenses incurred during Your Trip will be reimbursed. Medical Expenses incurred after You return from Your Trip are not covered; and 4) benefits are subject to a $50 deductible for each occurrence.
Benefits will include up to $750 for expenses incurred during Your Trip for emergency dental treatment. Dental expenses incurred after Your Trip is completed are not covered.
“Emergency Condition” means an Injury or Sickness diagnosed by a Physician for which You have sudden and unexpected severe or acute symptoms requiring immediate care and the failure to obtain such care could reasonably result in serious deterioration of Your condition or place Your life in jeopardy. The severe or acute symptoms must occur while on Your Trip.
“Medical Expenses” means expenses incurred only for the following:
1. medical services (including charges for anesthetics, x-ray examinations or treatments, and laboratory tests) and supplies, prescription drugs, and therapeutic services ordered or prescribed by a Physician as Medically Necessary for treatment;
2. Hospital or ambulatory medical-surgical center services (including expenses for a cruise ship cabin or hotel room, not already included in the cost of Your Trip), if recommended by Your attending Physician and approved by Us or Our Program Assistance Provider as a substitute for a hospital room for recovery from Your Emergency Condition;
3. local Transportation Expense to and/or from a Hospital.
We will not pay benefits in excess of the Usual and Customary level of charges. We will not cover any expenses provided by another party at no cost to You or already included within the cost of the Trip.
We will advance payment to a Hospital, up to the Maximum Benefit Amount shown on the Schedule of Benefits, if needed to secure Your admission to a Hospital because of a covered Emergency Condition.
OPTIONAL MEDICAL COVERAGE UPGRADE
When You purchase this Medical Coverage Upgrade, the following coverage changes apply:
1. Additional Benefits will be paid up to the Maximum Benefit Amount shown in the Schedule of Benefits;
2. the deductible is waived.