$50,000 per person Emergency Medical for Unexpected Recurrence
$25,000 per person Medical Evacuation for Unexpected Recurrence
A Pre-Existing Condition is an illness or other medical condition that was treated, diagnosed, or changed during a policy’s lookback period.
PRE-EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITIONS
This policy does not cover pre-existing conditions, except charges resulting directly from an Acute Onset of Pre-existing Condition subject to the limits set forth in the Schedule of Benefits and Limits.
Pre-existing Condition means any
1. Condition for which medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment (includes receiving services and supplies, consultations, diagnostic tests or prescription medicines) was recommended or received during the 2 years immediately preceding the certificate effective date;
2. Condition that had manifested itself in such a manner that would have caused a reasonably prudent person to seek medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment (includes receiving services and supplies, consultations, diagnostic tests or prescription medicines) within the 2 years immediately preceding the certificate effective date; or
3. Injury, illness, sickness, disease, or other physical, medical, mental, or nervous conditions, disorder or ailment (whether known or unknown) that, with reasonable medical certainty, existed at the time of application or within the 2 years immediately preceding the certificate effective date.
For the purposes of the Complications of Pregnancy coverage offered hereunder, pregnancy will not be included within the definition of a pre-existing condition.
ACUTE ONSET OF PRE-EXISTING CONDITION
YOU ARE COVERED:
1. Charges for a sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence of a pre-existing condition(s) which:
a. Occurs spontaneously and without advance warning either in the form of physician recommendations or symptoms; andIs of short duration; and
c. Is rapidly progressive; and
d. Requires urgent care.
YOU ARE NOT COVERED unless you fulfill the following condition:
1. Treatment must be obtained within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence.
YOU ARE NOT COVERED IF:
1. The Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition(s) occurs before the certificate effective date; or
2. The pre-existing condition is a chronic or congenital condition or that gradually becomes worse over time; or
3. The charges are for known, scheduled, required, or expected medical care, drugs or treatments existent or necessary prior to the certificate effective date; or
4. Expenses arise directly or indirectly from anything in the General Exclusions