$10,000 policy limit
Trip Interruption provides reimbursement for prepaid and non-refundable trip payments if a portion of a trip is missed, or the traveler must return home early due to unforeseen circumstances, including illness, injury, or death.
YOU ARE COVERED:
1. The cost of an economy one-way air or ground transportation ticket for you to the terminal serving the area of your principal residence, and/or
2. The cost of an economy one-way air and/or ground transportation ticket for you from the area where you were hospitalized following an Emergency Medical Evacuation to the area where you were initially evacuated from or to the terminal serving the area of your principal residence.
YOU ARE NOT COVERED unless you fulfill the following conditions:
1. You provide proof of one or more of the following events: destruction, after departure from home country, resulting from fire or weather of more than 40% of your principal residence, or death of a parent, spouse, sibling, child, or grandchild; or
2. Following a covered Emergency Medical Evacuation, the attending physician states that it is medically necessary for you to return to your home country or to the area from which you were initially evacuated for continued treatment, recuperation and recovery.
YOU ARE NOT COVERED IF:
1. Expenses arise directly or indirectly from anything in the General Exclusions.