This insurance plan is currently unavailable on Squaremouth
The maximum trip length applies to annual insurance plans. This is the longest time allowed for any one trip during the year in order to be eligible for coverage. A trip starts when you leave your home and ends when you return to your home regardless of the number of destinations in between.
There is no Maximum Trip Length with this plan.
“Additional Transportation Cost” means the actual cost incurred for one-way Economy Transportation by Common Carrier reduced by the value of an unused travel ticket.
“Bankruptcy” means the filing of a petition for voluntary or involuntary bankruptcy in a court of competent jurisdiction under Chapter 7 or Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code 11 L.S.C. Subsection 101 et seq.
“Business Partner” means an individual who a) is involved in a legal general partnership with You and or b) is actively involved in the day to day management of Your business.
“Common Carrier” means any land, sea, and/or air conveyance operating under a valid license for the transportation of passengers for hire.
“Company” means United States Fire Insurance Company.
“Confirmation of Benefits” means the coverage confirmation provided to You following enrollment and payment of the applicable premium.
“Covered Trip” means scheduled trips, tours or cruises for which a) coverage is requested: and b) the required premium is submitted prior to the Scheduled Departure Date.
“Cruise” means any prepaid sea arrangements.
“Default” means a material failure or inability to provide contracted services.
“Dependent Child(ren)” means Your children, including an unmarried child, stepchild, legally adopted child or foster child who is: (1) less than age 19 and primarily dependent on You for support and maintenance; or (2) who is at least age 19 but less than age 23 and who regularly attends an accredited school or college; and who is primarily dependent on You for support and maintenance.
“Domestic Partner” means a person, at least 18 years of age, with whom You have been living in a spousal relationship with evidence of cohabitation for at least 10 continuous months prior to the Effective Date of coverage, or as otherwise defined according to the laws of Your state of residence.
“Economy Transportation” means the lowest published available transportation rate for a ticket on a Common Carrier matching the original class of transportation that the Insured purchased for the Covered Trip.
“Effective Date” means the date and time Your coverage begins, as outlined in the General Provisions section of the policy.
“Family Member” means Your or a Traveling Companion’s: legal spouse or common-law spouse where legal; legal guardian; son or daughter (adopted, foster or step); son-in- law; daughter-in-law; grandmother; grandmother-in-law; grandfather; grandfather-in-law; grandchild; aunt; uncle; niece; or nephew; brother, step-brother; sister; step-sister; brother-in-law; sister-in-law; mother; father; step-parent; Domestic Partner.
“Hospital” means a) a place which is licensed or recognized as a general hospital by the proper authority of the state in which it is located: b) a place operated for the care and treatment of resident inpatients with a registered graduate nurse (RN) always on duty and with a laboratory and X-ray facility: c) a place recognized as a general hospital by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Hospitals. Not included is a hospital or institution licensed or used principally: (1) for the treatment or care of drug addicts or alcoholics: or (2) as a clinic continued or extended care facility, skilled nursing facility, convalescent home, rest home, nursing home or home for the aged.
“Inclement Weather” means any weather condition that delays the scheduled arrival or departure of a Common Carrier.
“Injury” or “Injuries” means accidental bodily injuries: a) received while insured under the Policy and any attached coverages: (b) resulting in loss independently of sickness and all other causes: and c) not excluded from coverage.
“Insured” means the person(s) named on the Confirmation of Benefits and for whom the required premium has been paid. Insured also means “You” and “Your”.
“Intoxicated” mean a blood alcohol level that equals or exceeds the legal limit for operating a motor vehicle in the state or jurisdiction where You are located at the time of an incident.
“Legally Qualified Physician” means a physician or a Christian Science Practitioner a) other than You, a Traveling Companion or a Family Member: b) practicing within the scope of Your license: and c) recognized as a physician in the place where the services are rendered.
“Maximum Benefit Amount” means the maximum amount payable for coverage provided to an Insured as shown in the Confirmation of Benefits.
“Medical Treatment” means treatment advice or consultation by a Legally Qualified Physician.
“Medically Necessary” means a service or supply which: a) is recommended by the attending Legally Qualified Physician: b) is appropriate and consistent with the diagnosis in accord with accepted standards of community practice: c) could not have been omitted without adversely affecting Your condition or quality of medical care: d) is delivered at the most appropriate level of care and not primarily for the sake of convenience: and e) is not considered experimental unless coverage for experimental services or supplies is required by law.
“Natural Disaster” means flood, fire, hurricane, tornado, earthquake, volcanic eruption, blizzard or avalanche that is due to natural causes.
“Pre-existing Condition” means any injury, sickness or condition (including any condition from which death ensues) of the Insured, or Traveling Companion, or Your and/or Traveling Companion’s Family Member or Your Business Partner for which within the 180 day period prior to the effective date of Your Trip Cancellation coverage under the Policy which a) manifested itself, became acute or exhibited symptoms which would have caused one to seek diagnosis, care or treatment; b) required taking prescribed drugs or medicine, unless the condition for which the prescribed drug or medicine is taken remains controlled without any change in the required prescription; or c) required medical treatment or treatment was recommended by a Legally Qualified Physician.
“Published Penalties” means any published cancellation penalties issued by Your travel agency or travel supplier that apply to all clients of the travel agency or travel supplier and can be documented at time of Covered Trip sale.
“Scheduled Departure Date” means the date on which You are originally scheduled to leave on the Covered Trip.
“Scheduled Return Date” means the date on which You are originally scheduled to return to the point of origin or the original final destination.
“Sickness” means an illness or disease that is diagnosed or treated by a Legally Qualified Physician after the effective date of insurance and while You are covered under the Policy.
“Strike” means any stoppage of work: a) as a result of a combined effort of workers which was unannounced and unpublished at the time travel services were purchased: and b) which interferes with the normal departure and arrival of a Common Carrier.
“Terrorist Incident” means an incident deemed an act of terrorism by the U.S. Government.
“Third Party” means a person or entity other than You or the Company.
“Transportation Expense” means: a) the cost of conveyance of You and any medical personnel (if Medically Necessary): and b) Medically Necessary services or supplies.
“Travel Arrangements” means: a) transportation: b) accommodations: and c) other specified services arranged by the Travel Supplier for the Covered Trip.
“Traveling Companion” means a person or persons with whom a covered person has coordinated travel arrangements and intends to travel with during the Covered Trip.
“Travel Supplier” means any entity or organization that coordinates or supplies travel services for You.
“Usual and Customary Charges” means those comparable charges for similar treatment, services and supplies in the geographic area where treatment is performed.
Excess Insurance Limitation: The Insurance provided by this policy shall be in excess of all other valid and collectible insurance or indemnity except Accidental Death & Dismemberment Common Carrier (air only)or as required by state law. If at the time of the occurrence of any Loss there is other valid and collectible insurance or indemnity in place, the Company shall be liable only for the excess of the amount of Loss, over the amount of such other insurance or indemnity, and applicable deductible.
Benefits are not payable for Sickness, Injuries or losses of You, Your Family Member, Your Traveling Companion or Your Traveling Companion’s Family Member, or Your or Your Traveling Companion’s Business Partner:
1. resulting from suicide, attempted suicide or any intentionally self-inflicted injury while sane or insane;
2. resulting from an act of declared or undeclared war (does not apply to Cancel for Work Reasons coverage);
3. while participating in maneuvers or training exercises of an armed service (does not apply to Cancel for Work Reasons coverage);
4. while riding, driving or participating in races, or speed or endurance contests;
5. while mountaineering (engaging in the sport of scaling mountains generally requiring the use of picks, ropes, or other special equipment)(mountaineering below 15,000 feet is covered while on Your Covered Trip if You purchase Sports Coverage);
6. while participating as a member of a team in an organized sporting competition;
7. while participating in skydiving, hang gliding or bungee cord jumping (Does not apply while on Your Covered Trip if You purchase Sports Coverage);
8. while piloting or learning to pilot or acting as a member of the crew of any aircraft;
9. received as a result or consequence of being Intoxicated, as specifically defined in the policy, or under the influence of any controlled substance unless administered on the advise of a Legally Qualified Physician;
10. to which a contributory cause was the commission of or attempt to commit a felony or being engaged in an illegal occupation;
11. due to normal childbirth, normal pregnancy (except for complications of pregnancy);
12. due to a mental or nervous condition, unless hospitalized;
13. for dental treatment (except as a result of Accidental Injury to sound natural teeth);
14. which exceed the Maximum Benefit Amount for each attached coverage as shown in the Confirmation of Benefits: or;
15. due to loss or damage (including death or injury) and any associated cost or expense resulting directly from the discharge, explosion or use of any device, weapon or material employing or involving chemical, biological, radiological or similar agents, whether in time of peace or war, and regardless of who commits the act and regardless of any other sequence thereto;
16. due to a Pre-existing Condition, as defined in the Policy. The Pre-existing Condition Limitation does not apply to (a) Emergency Medical Evacuation, Medical Repatriation and Return of Remains coverage; or (b) to coverage purchased within 14 days of the initial Covered Trip deposit. The booking for the Covered Trip must be the first and only booking for this travel period and destination, You are not disabled from travel at the time You pay the premium, and You must purchase this policy for the full non-refundable cost of Your Covered Trip.
The following limitation applies to Trip Cancellation: All cancellations must be reported directly to the Travel Supplier within 72 hours of the event causing the need to cancel, unless the event prevents it, and then as soon as is reasonably possible. If the cancellation is not reported within the specified 72 hour period, the Company will not pay for additional charges, which would not have, been incurred had You notified the Travel Supplier in the specified period. If the event prevents You from reporting the cancellation, the 72 hour notice requirement does not apply; however, You must, if requested, provide proof that said event prevented him or her from reporting the cancellation within the specified period.
Additional Limitations and Exclusions Specific to Baggage and Personal Effects Benefits are not payable for any loss caused by or resulting from:
a) breakage of brittle or fragile articles;
b) wear and tear or gradual deterioration;
c) confiscation or appropriation by order of any government or custom’s rule; d) theft or pilferage while left in any unlocked vehicle;
e) property illegally acquired, kept, stored or transported;
f) Your negligent acts or omissions; or
g) property shipped as freight or shipped prior to the Scheduled Departure Date.