24 hour assistance provided
24 Hour Hotline provides the traveler with a broad range of services in the event of a travel or medical emergency including: medical referral and monitoring, legal assistance, emergency message center, emergency cash transfer, arrangement of medical evacuations or repatriations, emergency translations, and pre-trip assistance. Many companies offer additional services that differentiate them against their competitors. We have listed some of these services on the provider’s page under the “why buy” heading.
TRAVEL ASSISTANCE & CONCIERGE SERVICES
Provided by Travelex’s designated provider
When outside the USA or Canada, call us collect through a local operator (you will fi rst have to enter the International Access Code of the country you are calling from). Within the USA or Canada, use the toll free number.
Within U.S.A. & Canada 1-855-892-6495
Outside U.S.A. & Canada 603-328-1373
Your Plan Number: SFP 0911
Medical Assistance – Our multi-lingual professionals are available 24 hours a day to provide help, advice and referrals for medical emergencies. We will help you locate local physicians, dentists, or medical facilities.
Medical Consultation and Monitoring – If you are hospitalized, we will contact You and Your treating physician to monitor your condition to assure You are receiving appropriate care and assess the need for further assistance. We will also contact your personal physician and family at home when necessary or requested to keep them informed of Your situation.
Medical Evacuation – When medically necessary, we will arrange and pay for appropriate transportation, including an escort, if required, to a suitable hospital, treatment facility or home. Payment for Medical Evacuation is available only for covered claims and up to the amount of coverage provided in the Policy. All medical transportation services must be authorized and arranged by On Call International. In the event of an unauthorized Medical Evacuation, reimbursement may be limited or coverage may be invalidated.
Emergency Medical Payments – We will assist you in the advancement of funds or guarantee payments (up to the Policy limit) to a hospital or other medical provider, if required, to secure Your admission, treatment or discharge.
Prescription Assistance – We will assist you with replacing medications that are lost, stolen or spoiled during your Covered Trip, either locally or by special courier.
Dependent Transportation & Family Visits – When a minor (age 18 or younger) is left unattended on a Covered Trip due to hospitalization or death of the accompanying adult, we will arrange for his or her return home, including escort expenses. If you are traveling alone and hospitalized 7 days or more, we will arrange transportation for a person you choose to visit you.
Repatriation of Remains – In the event of death while on a Covered Trip, we will arrange for the preparation and transportation required to return your remains to your home.
24 HOUR TRAVEL ASSISTANCE SERVICES
24 Hour Legal Assistance – If while on your Covered Trip you encounter legal problems, we will help you find a local legal advisor. If you are required to post bail or provide immediate payment of legal fees, we will assist you in arranging a funds transfer from family or friends.
Message Services – We will transmit emergency messages to family, friends or business associates. We will advise you if we have difficulty delivering your message and let you know that the message has been received. We will also relay non-emergency e-mail or phone messages on your behalf at any time during your Covered Trip. Language Interpretation Services – We provide interpretation services in major languages and will refer you to appropriate local services, if needed.
Emergency Cash Transfer – We will help arrange an emergency cash transfer (wire transfer, travelers checks, etc.) of your funds from home or from friends or family in medical or travel emergency situations where additional funds are required.
Pre-Trip Travel Services – We provide 24-Hour information, help and advice for your planned Covered Trip such as: passport and visa information, requirements and replacement; travel health information or advisories; vaccine recommendations and requirements; government agency contact information (i.e. embassies, consulates, and other departments or agencies); weather and currency information.
Travel Document and Ticket Replacement – When important travel documents (such as passports and visas) are lost or stolen, we will help you to secure replacements. We will also help you when airline or other travel tickets are lost or stolen. We will assist you with reporting your loss, reissuing tickets and obtaining the money required for this purpose (you are responsible for providing the funds).
• restaurant, shopping, hotel recommendations/ reservations
• local transport (rental car, limousine, etc) information and reservations
• sporting, theatre, night life and event information (sports, scores, stock quotes, gift suggestions, etc.), recommendations and ticketing
• golf course information, referrals, recommendations and tee times
• tracking and assisting with the return of lost or delayed baggage
• emergency correspondence and business communication assistance
• assistance with locating available business services such as: express/overnight delivery sites, internet cafes, print and copy services
• assistance with or arrangements for telephone and web conferencing
• emergency messaging to customers, associates, and others (phone, fax, e-mail, text, etc.)
• real time weather, travel delay and fl ight status information
• worldwide business directory service for equipment repair/replacement, warranty service, etc.
• emergency travel arrangements
In this Description of Coverage, “you”, “your” and “yours” refer to the Insured. “We”, “us” and “our” refer to the company providing the coverage. In addition certain words and phrases are defined as follows:
Accident means a sudden, unexpected, unintended and external event, which causes Injury.
Actual Cash Value means purchase price less depreciation.
Baggage means luggage, personal possessions and travel documents taken by you on the Covered Trip.
Common Carrier means any land, water or air conveyance operated under a license for the transportation of passengers for hire.
Covered Trip means: 1) a period of travel away from Home to a destination outside your city of residence and the Trip does not exceed 180 days.
Domestic Partner means a person who is at least eighteen years of age and you can show: 1) evidence of financial interdependence, such as joint bank accounts or credit cards, jointly owned property, and mutual life insurance or pension beneficiary designations; 2) evidence of cohabitation for at least the previous 6 months; and 3) an affi davit of domestic partnership if recognized by the jurisdiction within which they reside.
Elective Treatment And Procedures means any medical treatment or surgical procedure that is not medically necessary including any service, treatment, or supplies that are deemed by the federal, or a state or local government authority, or by us to be research or experimental or that is not recognized as a generally accepted medical practice.
Family Member includes your or the Traveling Companion’s dependent, spouse, child, spouse’s child, son-daughter-in-law, parent(s), sibling(s), brother-sister, grandparent(s), grandchild, step brother-sister, step-parent(s), parent(s)-in-law, brother-sister-in-law, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, guardian, Domestic Partner, foster-child, or ward.
Home means your primary or secondary residence.
Hospital means an institution, which meets all of the following requirements: (1) it must be operated according to law; (2) it must give 24 hour medical care, diagnosis and treatment to the sick or injured on an inpatient basis; (3) it must provide diagnostic and surgical facilities supervised by Physicians; (4) registered nurses must be on 24 hour call or duty; and (5) the care must be given either on the hospital’s premises or in facilities available to the hospital on a pre-arranged basis.
A Hospital is not: a rest, convalescent, extended care, rehabilitation or other nursing facility; a facility which primarily treats mental illness, alcoholism, or drug addiction (or any ward, wing or other section of the hospital used for such purposes); or a facility which provides hospice care (or wing, ward or other section of a hospital used for such purposes).
Injury means bodily harm caused by an Accident which: 1) occurs while your coverage is in effect under the plan; and 2) requires examination and treatment by a Physician. The Injury must be the direct cause of loss and must be independent of all other causes and must not be caused by, or result from, Sickness.
Insured means an eligible person who arranges a Covered Trip, completes any required enrollment form, and pays any required plan payment.
Insurer means Stonebridge Casualty Insurance Company.
Physician means a person licensed as a medical doctor by the jurisdiction in which he/she is resident to practice the healing arts. He/she must be practicing within the scope of his/her license for the service or treatment given and may not be you, a Traveling Companion, or a Family Member of yours.
Policy means the contract issued to the Policyholder providing the benefits specified herein.
Policyholder means the legal entity in whose name this Policy is issued, as shown on the Benefit Schedule.
Schedule means the Benefit Schedule shown Description of Coverage for each Insured.
Scheduled Departure Date means the date on which you are originally scheduled to leave on your Covered Trip.
Scheduled Return Date means the date on which you are originally scheduled to return to the point where the Covered Trip started or to a different final destination.
Sickness means an illness or disease of the body which: 1) requires examination and treatment by a Physician, and 2) commences while the plan is in effect. An illness or disease of the body which first manifests itself and then worsens or becomes acute prior to the effective date of this plan is not a Sickness as defined herein and is not covered by the plan.
Traveling Companion means a person whose name(s) appear(s) with you on the same Covered Trip arrangement.
Usual and Customary Charge means those charges for necessary treatment and services that are reasonable for the treatment of cases of comparable severity and nature. This will be derived from the mean charge based on the experience in a related area of the service delivered and the schedule of fees valued at the 100th percentile.
The following exclusion applies to the Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage:
1. We will not pay for loss caused by or resulting from Sickness of any kind.
The following exclusion applies to all coverages:
We will not pay for any loss under the plan, caused by, or resulting from:
1. You the Insured, Your, Traveling Companions, Domestic Partner or Family Member’s suicide, attempted suicide, or intentionally self-inflicted injury, booked to travel with you, while sane or insane;
2. mental, nervous, or psychological disorders (does not apply to Medical Expense Benefits);
3. being under the influence of drugs or intoxicants, unless prescribed by a Physician;
4. normal pregnancy or resulting childbirth or elective abortion;
5. participation as a professional in athletics;
6. riding or driving in any motor competition;
7. declared or undeclared war, or any act of war;
8. civil disorder;
9. service in the armed forces of any country;
10. operating or learning to operate any aircraft, as pilot or crew;
11. mountain climbing, bungee cord jumping, skydiving, parachuting, hang gliding, parasailing or travel on any air supported device, other than on a regularly scheduled airline or air charter company;
12. any criminal acts, committed by you;
13. a loss or damage caused by detention, confiscation or destruction by customs;
14. Elective Treatment and Procedures;
15. medical treatment during or arising from a Covered Trip undertaken for the purpose or intent of securing medical treatment;
16. a loss that results from an illness, disease, or other condition, event or circumstance which occurs at a time when the plan is not in effect for you.
The following exclusion applies to the Baggage & Personal Effects and Baggage Delay coverages:
We will not pay for damage to or loss of:
2. property used in trade, business or for the production of income, household furniture, musical instruments, brittle or fragile articles, or sporting equipment if the loss results from the use thereof;
3. boats, motors, motorcycles, motor vehicles, aircraft, and other conveyances or equipment, or parts for such conveyances;
4. artificial limbs or other prosthetic devices, artificial teeth, dental bridges, dentures, dental braces, retainers or other orthodontic devices, hearing aids, any type of eyeglasses, sunglasses or contact lenses;
5. documents or tickets, except for administrative fees required to reissue tickets;
6. money, stamps, stocks and bonds, postal or money orders, securities, accounts, bills, deeds, food stamps or credit cards, except as noted above;
7. property shipped as freight or shipped prior to the Scheduled Departure Date;
We will not pay for loss arising from:
1. defective materials or craftsmanship; or
2. normal wear and tear, gradual deterioration, inherent vice; or
3. rodents, animals, insects or vermin; or
4. theft or pilferage from an unattended vehicle; or
5. mysterious disappearance; or
6. electrical current, including electric arcing that damages or destroys electrical devices or appliances.