The Sports & Activities benefit is designed to cover travelers who are participating in sports and adventurous activities, some of which may otherwise be excluded. Travelers can indicate the activities they will be participating in by selecting the Sports & Activities filter.
If you have selected sports and/or activities filters, the provider has confirmed that these activities are not excluded from coverage for this policy. Please keep in mind that you may not specifically see your selections listed as covered in the policy certificate. We have confirmed with the provider that these activities are not excluded, however, we cannot guarantee adequate coverage for your particular trip. Please call us to review your policy certificate for coverage limitations and exclusions that may apply to your trip and activities.
The policy certificate includes the following language:
The following exclusions apply to Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Trip Delay, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Emergency Sickness Medical Expense, Emergency Accident Medical Expense, Emergency Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains:
Loss caused by or resulting from:
6. piloting or learning to pilot or acting as a member of the crew of any aircraft;
8. participation as a professional in athletics;
9. participation in underwater activities (does not include recreational swimming);
12. participating in Bodily Contact Sports (football, wrestling, ice hockey, rugby, lacrosse, boxing, full contact karate, hurling and rodeo); skydiving; hang-gliding; Parachuting; Mountaineering; any race; bungee cord jumping; speed contest (speed contest shall not include any of the regatta races;) scuba diving unless accompanied by a dive master or if the depth exceeds fifty (50) feet; or deep sea diving; spelunking or caving; heliskiing; extreme skiing; Extreme Sports;
23. canyoning or canyoneering (traveling in canyons using a variety of techniques that may include walking, scrambling, climbing, jumping, abseiling and/or swimming).