100% of the trip cost
Trip Cancellation provides reimbursement for prepaid and non-refundable trip payments if a trip is canceled due to unforeseen circumstances, including illness, injury, or death.
The Company will reimburse You, up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Schedule of Benefits subject to any applicable sub-limits, if You cancel Your Trip for any of the following reasons that are Unforeseen and takes place after Your Effective Date:
1. Your Sickness, Accidental Injury or death, that results in medically imposed restrictions as certified by a Physician at the time of Loss preventing Your participation in the Trip. A Physician must advise to cancel the Trip on or before the Scheduled Departure Date.
2. Sickness, Accidental Injury or death of a Family Member or Traveling Companion booked to travel with You, that results in medically imposed restrictions as certified by a Physician that causes Your Trip to be cancelled.
3. Sickness, Accidental Injury or death of a non-traveling Family Member.
4. Your or Your Family Member’s, or Your Traveling Companion’s or Traveling Companion’s Family Member’s, Complications of Pregnancy that result in medically imposed restrictions as certified by a Physician at the time of Loss preventing Your or Your Traveling Companion’s participation in the Trip. A Physician must advise to cancel the Trip on or before the Scheduled Departure Date.
5. After five (5) years of continuous employment at the same company, You are terminated or laid-off, from full time employment by that company through no fault of Your own;
6. Your transfer of employment of two hundred fifty (250) miles or more. The transfer must require Your Home to be relocated.
7. You or Your Traveling Companion have a previously approved military leave revoked or experience a military reassignment.
8. You, Your Traveling Companion or Family Member, who are military personnel, are called to emergency duty to provide aid or relief in the event of a Natural Disaster (this does not include war).
9. Weather at the departure site that causes complete cessation of services for at least twelve (12) consecutive hours of the Common Carrier with whom You are scheduled to travel and prevents You from reaching Your destination. This benefit will not apply if the Natural Disaster has been forecasted or a storm has been named prior to purchase of this Policy.
10. Natural Disaster at the site of Your destination that renders Your destination accommodations Uninhabitable. This benefit will not apply if the Natural Disaster has been forecasted or a storm has been named prior to purchase of this Policy.
11. Your accommodations at Your destination made inaccessible due to fire, flood, volcano, earthquake, hurricane or other Natural Disaster. The Company will only pay benefits for losses occurring within fifteen (15) calendar days after the event renders the destination inaccessible. For the purpose of this coverage, inaccessible means Your accommodations can not be reached by Your original mode of transportation. In order to cancel Your trip, You must have four (4) days or fifty percent (50%) of Your total Trip length or less remaining at the time the destination is accessible. Benefits are not payable if the event occurs or if a storm is named prior to or on Your Effective Date.
12. Mandatory evacuation (or public official evacuation advisements where there is no mandatory evacuation) issued by local government authorities at Your Trip destination due to hurricane or other Natural Disaster. In order to cancel Your Trip, You must have four (4) days or fifty percent (50%) of Your total Trip length or less remaining on Your Trip at the time the mandatory evacuation ends.
13. If the U.S. Department of State has already issued a Level 4 Travel Advisory regarding travel to Your destination country or region prior to Your Effective Date, and within forty-five (45) days of Your Scheduled Departure Date, as the result of a specific event that occurs after Your Effective Date and in Your destination country, the Company’s authorized security risk firm deems travel to that area is not advisable.
14. A Terrorist Incident that occurs in Your departure city or in a city listed on Your Trip itinerary and within thirty (30) days prior to Your Scheduled Departure Date. Benefits are not provided if the Travel Supplier offers a substitute itinerary. This does not include flight connections or other transportation arrangements to reach Your destination. Your Scheduled Departure Date must be no more than fifteen (15) months beyond Your Effective Date. A Terrorist Incident that occurs onboard an in-flight aircraft is not covered.
15. You or Your Traveling Companion are a victim of a felonious assault.
16. You or Your Traveling Companion or Family Member are kidnapped or disappears as substantiated by a police report, and has not returned within thirty (30) days prior to Your Scheduled Departure Date.
17. A documented theft of Your or Your Traveling Companion’s passports and/or visas.
18. You or Your Traveling Companion being hijacked, Quarantined, required to serve on a jury, or subpoenaed within ten (10) days of departure; having Your Home made Uninhabitable by Natural Disaster; or burglary of Your Home within ten (10) days of departure.
19. An interruption of water, electric, sewage or gas service(s) at Your destination, for more than twenty-four (24) hours due to Inclement Weather or Natural Disaster. The Company will only pay benefits for losses occurring within fifteen (15) calendar days following the onset of the service interruption.
20. You or Your Traveling Companion being directly involved in a traffic accident (substantiated by a police report provided by You to the Company) while en route to departure.
21. A closed roadway causing cessation of travel for You or Your Traveling Companion for at least twelve (12) consecutive hours to or from Your Trip destination (substantiated by the Department of Transportation, state police, etc.).
22. Bankruptcy or Default of a Travel Supplier causing a complete cessation of travel services provided the Bankruptcy or Default occurs more than ten (10) days following Your Effective Date. Benefits will be paid due to Bankruptcy or Default of an airline only if no alternate transportation is available. If alternate transportation is available, benefits will be limited to the change fee charged to allow You to transfer to another airline in order to get to Your intended destination. This benefit only applies if Your Scheduled Departure Date is no more than fifteen (15) months beyond Your Effective Date and Your payment for this Policy is received within the Time Sensitive Period.
23. Mechanical breakdown of Your Common Carrier’s aircraft on which You or Your Traveling Companion are scheduled to travel for at least twelve (12) consecutive hours.
24. Strike that causes complete cessation of services of the Common Carrier with whom You or Your Traveling Companion are scheduled to travel for at least twelve (12) consecutive hours. The Company will reimburse You up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Schedule of Benefits, subject to any applicable sub-limits, for the following:
a) pre-paid non-refundable cancellation charges imposed by the Travel Suppliers;
b) If Your Travel Supplier cancels Your Trip, You are covered up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Schedule of Benefits for the reissue fee charged by the airline for the tickets, or for the cost charged by the airline to retain Your frequent flyer miles if not used to purchase the airline ticket in conjunction with this Trip. You must have covered the entire cost of the Trip including the airfare;
c) The fees incurred by You for re-depositing frequent traveler awards (frequent flyer miles, hotel point rewards, etc.) in Your account if You used awards for any part of a Trip that is canceled for a covered reason. In no event will the Company reimburse You for the cash value of Your airline ticket(s) purchased with frequent flier miles.
In no event shall the amount reimbursed exceed the amount You pre-paid for the Trip.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: You must advise the Company or its authorized representative within seventy-two (72) hours in the event of a claim. If the claim is not reported within seventy-two (72) hours, it should be reported as soon as possible. All other delays of reporting beyond seventy-two (72) hours will result in reduced benefit payments.
SINGLE OCCUPANCY COVERAGE
The Company will reimburse You for the additional cost incurred during the Trip as a result of a change in the per person occupancy rate for pre-paid Travel Arrangements if a person booked to share accommodations with You has his/her Trip delayed, canceled, or interrupted for a covered reason and You do not cancel. This benefit is subject to the same Maximum Benefit indicated above.