Rental Car Damage provides reimbursement for damage to, or theft of, a rental vehicle during a covered trip.
COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER – OPTIONAL UPGRADE
If You rent a car while on the Trip, and the car is damaged due to collision, theft, vandalism, windstorm, fire, hail, flood or any cause not within Your control while in Your possession, the Company will reimburse the lesser of:
- The cost of repairs and rental charges imposed by the rental company while the car is being repaired; or
- The Actual Cash Value of the car; or
- The Maximum Benefit shown on the Confirmation of Coverage.
Coverage is provided to You, provided You and Your Traveling Companion are licensed drivers, and are listed on the rental agreement.
The following duties in the event of Loss apply to Collision Damage Waiver:
- You must take all reasonable, necessary steps to protect the vehicle and prevent further damage to it;
- You must report the Loss to the appropriate local authorities and the rental company as soon as possible;
- You must obtain all information on any other party involved in an Accident, such as name, address, insurance information and driver’s license number;
- You must provide the Company all documentation such as rental agreement, police report and damage estimate.