This insurance plan is currently unavailable on Squaremouth
$50,000 per person
Emergency Medical can reimburse the costs to treat a medical emergency during a trip.
DESCRIPTION OF BENEFITS
Covered Medical Expenses Benefit – If a covered Injury or Illness occurs during the Policy Period and you require medical or surgical treatment; this plan will pay, subject to the selected deductible, applicable co-insurance and benefit maximums, the following Covered Expenses, up to the selected policy maximum. The first charges must be incurred within 90 days after the date of the Covered Accident or Sickness. No benefits will be paid for any expenses incurred which are in excess of Usual and Customary Charges.
1. Hospital Room and Board Expenses: the average daily rate for a semiprivate room when a Covered Person is Hospital Confined and general nursing care is provided and charged for by the Hospital. In computing the number of days payable under this benefit, the date of admission will be counted but not the date of discharge.
2. Ancillary Hospital Expenses: services and supplies including operating room, laboratory tests, anesthesia and medicines when HospitalConfined. This does not include personal services of a non-medical nature.
3. Daily Intensive CareUnit Expenses: three times the average semi private room rate when a Covered Person is Hospital Confined in a bed in the Intensive Care Unit and nursing services other than private duty nursing services.
4. MedicalEmergency Care (room and supplies) Expenses: incurred within 72 hours of an Accident or Sickness and including the attending Doctor’s charges, X-rays, laboratory procedures, use of the emergency room and supplies.
5. DoctorNon-SurgicalTreatment and Examination Expenses including the Doctor’s initial visit, each Medically Necessary follow-up visit and consultation visits when referred by the attending Doctor.
6. Doctor’s Surgical Expenses.
7. Assistant Surgeon Expenses when Medically Necessary.
8. Anesthesiologist Expenses for pre-operative screening and administration of anesthesia during a surgical procedure whether on an inpatient or outpatient basis.
9. Physiotherapy Physical Medicine/Chiropractic Expenses on an inpatient or outpatient basis including treatment and office visits connected with such treatment when prescribed by a Doctor, including diathermy, ultrasonic, whirlpool, heat treatments, adjustments, manipulation, or any form of physical therapy and limited to $50 per visit, one visit per day and 10 visits per Policy Period.
10. X-ray Expenses(including reading charges).
11. Dental Expenses up to $250 due to Accidents or emergency alleviation of pain including dental x-rays for the repair or treatment of each tooth that is whole, sound and a natural tooth at the time of the Accident or emergency alleviation of dental pain.
12. Ambulance Expenses for transportation from the emergency site to theHospital.
13. Prescription Drug Expenses including dressings, drugs and medicines prescribed by a Doctor.
14. Medical Services and Supplies: expenses for blood and blood transfusions; oxygen and its administration.
15. Emergency medical treatment of pregnancy up to $1,000 perPolicy Period.
16. Mental or nervous disorders or rest cures up to $2,500 per Policy Period.
17. Emergency Room Illness with no direct Hospital Admission – $250 additional deductible per visit. Only applies when receiving care in an emergency room for an Illness that does not result in a hospital admittance.
18. Emergency Room Injury/Accident or Illness with direct Hospital Admission – Usual customary charge to the selected Medical Maximum.
We will pay Covered Accident and Sickness MedicalExpenses up to the Maximum Benefit as outlined in the Schedule of Benefits and after each Insured satisfies any Deductible, without regard to any other Health Care Plan benefits payable for the Insured. We will pay these benefits without regard to any Coordination of Benefits provision in any other HealthCare Plan.