$2,000,000 per person
Medical Evacuation can provide coverage for transportation of a traveler to the nearest adequate medical facility in the event of a medical emergency during their trip. Repatriation can transport a traveler’s remains back home.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL EVACUATION BENEFIT
We will pay 100% up to $2,000,000 if you are traveling outside of your Home Country and suffer an Injury or Sickness during the course of the Trip which requires Emergency Medical Evacuation from the place where you suffer an Injury or Sickness to the nearest Hospital or other medical facility where appropriate medical treatment can be obtained; or transportation to your Home Country to obtain further medical treatment in a Hospital or other medical facility or to recover after suffering an Injury or Sickness. An Emergency Medical Evacuation includes Medically Necessary medical treatment, medical services and medical supplies necessarily received in connection with such transportation. If after hospitalization or treatment for a
covered Injury or Sickness, you are unable to continue your journey, Our designated assistance provider, in conjunction with the local attending Doctor and/or your habitual Doctor, will organize your return to your Home Country. If the gravity of the situation so dictates, Our designated assistance provider will ensure that appropriate medical care is provided to you during the return journey. If Our designated assistance provider and the local attending medical practitioner consider you stable enough to be medically repatriated, without endangering your health, and you refuse repatriation, We will continue to pay medical expense benefits incurred after the date repatriation was recommended only up to the amount that would have
been payable for the medical repatriation, subject to policy maximums and limitations. Benefits will not be payable unless We authorize in writing or by an authorized electronic or telephonic means all expenses in advance.
Benefits will not be payable unless:
1. the Doctor ordering the Emergency Medical Evacuation certifies the severity of your Injury or Sickness requires an Emergency Medical Evacuation;
2. all transportation arrangements made for the Emergency Medical Evacuation are by the most direct and economical conveyance and route possible;
3. the charges incurred are Medically Necessary and do not exceed the usual level of charges for similar transportation, treatment, services or supplies in the locality where the expense is incurred; and4. do not include charges that would not have been made if there were no insurance.
REPATRIATION OF REMAINS BENEFIT
We will pay 100% up to $50,000 for preparation and return of your body to your Home Country if you die due to an Injury or Sickness. Benefits will not be payable unless We authorize in writing or by an authorized electronic or telephonic means all expenses in advance. Covered expenses include:
1. expenses for embalming or cremation;
2. the least costly coffin or receptacle adequate for transporting the remains;
3. transporting the remains by the most direct and least costly conveyance and route possible.
EMERGENCY REUNION BENEFIT
Up to $15,000 maximum. Covers the cost of a one economy airfare ticket and other local travel related expenses; or the reasonable expenses incurred for lodging and meals of your Immediate Family Member for a period of up to 10 days to accompany you to your Home Country or Hospital where you are confined if:
1. the Emergency Medical Evacuation Benefit is payable under the Policy; and
2. you are alone outside of your Home Country; and
3. the place of confinement is more than 100 miles from your Home Country; and 4. expenses were authorized in advance by the Company.