This insurance plan is currently unavailable on Squaremouth
Collision loss/damage insurance for rental cars covers the costs of damage to, or theft of, a rental car.
OPTIONAL RENTAL CAR DAMAGE
If You rent a Rental Car while on Your Trip and while in Your possession the car is: 1) damaged due to collision, theft, vandalism, windstorm, fire, hail, flood or any cause not in Your control; or 2) stolen and not recovered, We will reimburse You, up to the Maximum Benefit Amount shown in the Schedule of Benefits, for the lesser of:
a. the cost of repairs and rental charges imposed by the rental company while the car is being repaired;
b) the Actual Cash Value of the Rental Car; or
c. the Maximum Benefit Amount shown in the Schedule of Benefits.
Coverage is provided to You, provided You are a licensed driver and are listed on the rental agreement.
The following exclusions and limitations apply to Rental Car Damage
We do not cover loss arising from or due to:
1. any obligation of You, a Traveling Companion or Family Member traveling with You assumed under any agreement (except insurance collision deductible);
2. rentals of trucks, campers, trailers, motor bikes, motorcycles, off- road vehicles, recreational vehicles or Exotic Vehicles;
3. any loss that occurs if You or anyone traveling with You are in violation of the rental agreement;
4. failure to report the loss to the proper local authorities and the rental car company;
5. damage to any other vehicle, structure or person as a result of a covered loss;
6. any loss as the result of or attributed to driving the Rental Car: while under the influence of alcohol or any illegal substance or the abuse of a legal substance; while using any medication that recommends abstinence from driving; in a speed competition; for compensation for hire; for illegal trade purposes, or transporting contraband;
7. any loss as the result of physical damage or loss attributed to: mechanical failure or breakdown of the Rental Car; wear and tear, gradual deterioration, corrosion, rust or freezing; any neglect or abuse of the Rental Car; any dishonest act or conversion; any consequence of war (declared or otherwise); or contamination by a radioactive material.
The following duties in the event of loss apply to Rental Car Damage:
1. You must take all reasonable, necessary steps to protect the Rental Car and prevent further damage to it;
2. You must report the loss to the appropriate local authorities and the rental company as soon as possible;
3. You must obtain all information on any other party involved in an Accident, such as name, address, insurance information and driver’s license number;
4. You must provide Us all documentation such as rental agreement, police report and damage estimate.