$2,000 per person
$300 per item
$600 specific items limit
Baggage and Personal Items Loss provides reimbursement for lost, stolen, or damaged luggage.
BAGGAGE AND PERSONAL EFFECTS
We will reimburse You, up to the Maximum Benefit Amount shown in the Schedule of Benefits, less any amount paid or payable by a party responsible for Your loss, for Your Baggage which is permanently lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed during Your Trip, provided You have taken all reasonable measures to protect, save and/or recover Your property at all times.
We will also reimburse You for fees associated with the replacement of Your passport and visas which are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed during Your Trip.
We will also reimburse You for charges and interest incurred due to unauthorized use or replacement of Your lost or stolen credit cards if such use or loss occurs during Your Trip and if You have complied with all credit card conditions imposed by the credit card companies.
Valuation and Payment of Loss: The lesser of the following amounts will be paid:
1) the Actual Cash Value at the time Your Baggage is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed;
2) the cost to repair or replace the item with material of a like kind and quality; or
3) $300 per item.
For claimed items without original receipts, payment of loss will be calculated based upon 75% of the Actual Cash Value at the time of loss, not to exceed $300 per item.
We may take all or part of Your damaged Baggage as a condition for payment of loss. In the event of a loss to a pair or set of items, We will:
1) repair or replace any part to restore the pair or set to its value before the loss; or
2) pay the difference between the value of the property before and after the loss.
Items Subject To Special Limitations: a combined maximum of $600 (without a per item limit) will be paid for jewelry; precious or semi-precious stones; watches; articles consisting in whole or in part of silver, gold or platinum; furs or articles trimmed with fur; cameras (and their accessories and related equipment) and other digital or electronic equipment or media.
If You have checked Your property with a Common Carrier and delivery is delayed, coverage for Baggage will be extended until the Common Carrier delivers the property.
For Baggage and Personal Effects, Sports Equipment, Business Equipment Rental, Sports Equipment Rental and Baggage Delay:
We will not provide benefits for any loss or damage to:
2. automobiles and automobile equipment; boats or other vehicles or conveyances; motorcycles; trailers; motors; or aircraft;
3. bicycles, except when checked as baggage with a Common Carrier;
4. household effects and furnishings; antiques and collector items;
5. eyeglasses, sunglasses, contact lenses, artificial teeth, dentures, dental bridges, or retainers, or other orthodontic devices or hearing aids;
6. artificial limbs or other prosthetic devices;
7. keys, money, and credit cards (except as otherwise specifically covered herein); securities, stamps, tickets, and documents (except as coverage is otherwise specifically provided herein);
8. sporting equipment if the loss results from the use thereof;
9. professional or occupational equipment or property, whether or not electronic business equipment; or
10. cell phones, PDAs and similar mobile devices, laptop or tablet computers.
We will not provide benefits for any loss or damage caused by or resulting from:
1) breakage of brittle or fragile articles (except musical instruments);
2) wear and tear or gradual deterioration;
3) confiscation or appropriation by order of any government or custom’s rule;
4) theft or pilferage while left in any unlocked or unattended vehicle;
5) property illegally acquired, kept, stored or transported;
6) Your negligent acts or omissions;
7) property shipped as freight or shipped prior to the Scheduled Departure Date;
8) electrical current, including electric arcing that damages or destroys electrical devices or appliances;
9) insects, vermin or inherent vice.
We will not provide benefits for any loss or damage to Your Baggage which has been reimbursed by a Common Carrier, hotel or Travel Supplier.