Flight Only AD&D provides a cash payment in the event of accidental loss of life or limb that occurs while flying during a covered trip.
You are eligible for benefits equal to the amount purchased for accidental death, dismemberment or loss of sight as the result of a flight accident while a passenger on:
1. A regularly scheduled airline flight or regularly scheduled charter operated; in scheduled air transportation pursuant to economic authority issued by the Civil Aeronautics Board; by an intrastate scheduled airline of United States registry maintaining regularly published schedules and licensed for the transportation of passengers by a duly constituted authority having jurisdiction over civil aviation in the state in which said airline operates; or by a scheduled airline of foreign registry maintaining regularly published schedules and licensed for transportation of passengers by the duly constituted governmental authority having jurisdiction over civil aviation in the country of registry of such airline;
2. Any aircraft, other than a single-engine jet, which at the time is making a flight for the principal purchase of transporting passengers and not for any other operational, tactical or test purpose and which is operated by the Military Airlift Command of the United States, the Royal Canadian Air Force Air Transport Command, or the Royal Air Force Air Transport Command of Great Britain;
3. Any land or water conveyance provided at the expense of the air carrier as a substitute for an aircraft covered by Your Protection Plan;
4. A vehicle licensed to carry passengers for hire, but only when going to an airport to board an aircraft on which You are eligible for benefits under Your Protection Plan; or when leaving an airport after alighting from such an aircraft;
5. Received while upon airport premises designated for passenger use immediately before boarding or immediately after alighting from an aircraft on which You are covered by Your Protection Plan.
When You sustain Injuries resulting in any of the following losses within 180 days from the date of the accident, benefits will be paid for the following types of Loss or Injury in the amounts shown:
|Type of Loss||Benefit Amount|
|Loss of Life||100%|
|Loss of both feet||100%|
|Loss of both hands||100%|
|Loss of both eyes||100%|
|Loss of one hand and one foot||100%|
|Loss of one hand and one eye||100%|
|Loss of one foot and one eye||100%|
|Loss of one hand/foot/eye||50%|
Loss of hand or hands, or foot or feet, means severance at or above the wrist joint or ankle joint, respectively. Loss of eye or eyes means the total and irrecoverable loss of the entire sight thereof. Only the largest applicable amount shown above will be paid for the Injuries resulting from one accident. The benefit for loss of: a) two extremities; b) both eyes; or c) one extremity and one eye is payable only when such loss results from the same accident. If, while covered by this benefit, You are unavoidably exposed to the elements because of an eligible accident and suffer a loss for which benefits are payable under this benefit, such loss will be payable under Your Protection Plan. If, while eligible for this benefit, You are in an accident resulting in the disappearance, sinking or damaging of an air or water conveyance on which You are scheduled under Your Protection Plan, and Your body has not been found within 52 weeks from the date of the accident, it will be presumed, unless there is evidence to the contrary, that You suffered loss of life as a result of those Injuries.