$500 per person
$150 daily limit
Covered after 3 hour delay
Travel Delay reimburses the costs of meals and accommodations when a trip is unexpectedly delayed.
You are eligible for benefits up to the benefit amount shown on Your certificate for: a) Additional Transportation Cost to join the Trip or return home, including up to US$ 150 per day for reasonable accommodations and meals, if Your delay requires an unplanned overnight stay; or b) unused nonrefundable portion of the prepaid expenses as long as the expenses are supported by proof of purchase and are not reimbursable by any other source. Delay must be for 3 hours or more and certified due to one of the following reasons:
1. Delay of Common Carrier (which is certified by the Common Carrier);
2. A traffic accident in which You were not directly involved (substantiated by a police report);
3. Documented weather condition preventing You from getting to the point of departure;
4. Quarantine, hijacking, strike;
5. Lost or stolen passports, travel documents or money (must be substantiated by a police report or the appropriate local authority);
6. Natural disaster, terrorism or riot.
Note: All Trip Delay/Missed Connection events must be reported within 72 hours of the events. If you do not report the occurrence as soon as possible or within the 72 hours time-frame period, reduced benefit payments may be applied.