The Sports & Activities benefit is designed to cover travelers who are participating in sports and adventurous activities, some of which may otherwise be excluded. Travelers can indicate the activities they will be participating in by selecting the Sports & Activities filter.
If you have selected sports and/or activities filters, the provider has confirmed that these activities are not excluded from coverage for this policy. Please keep in mind that you may not specifically see your selections listed as covered in the policy certificate. We have confirmed with the provider that these activities are not excluded, however, we cannot guarantee adequate coverage for your particular trip. Please call us to review your policy certificate for coverage limitations and exclusions that may apply to your trip and activities.
The policy certificate includes the following language:
Excluded Conditions, Treatments (includes Diagnoses, Tests, and Examinations), Services, Supplies, Acts, Omissions, and/or Events:
15. Injury sustained while operating any motorized vehicle, aircraft or watercraft whether registered or not while under the influence of alcohol as defined under the law of the jurisdiction where the injury occurs or with a .08 Blood Alcohol Content (BAC), whichever is lower.
29. Exercise programs, whether or not prescribed or recommended by a physician.
SPORTS AND ACTIVITIES
YOU ARE COVERED:
1. You are covered for taking part in amateur/non-professional sports and activities, unless it is excluded below. Coverage is for recreational purposes incidental to a trip.
YOU ARE NOT COVERED unless you fulfill the following conditions:
1. You must ensure the activity is adequately supervised and that appropriate safety equipment (such as protective headwear, life jackets etc.) are worn at all times.
YOU ARE NOT COVERED IF:
1. The activity is organized athletics involving regular or scheduled practice and/or games; or
2. The activity is performed in a professional capacity or for any wage, reward, or profit; or
3. Expenses arise directly or indirectly from anything in the General Exclusions; or
4. Any of the excluded items listed below:
• All-Terrain Vehicles
• American Football
• Aussie Rules Football
• Aviation (except when traveling solely as a passenger in a commercial aircraft)
• Base Jumping
• Big Game Hunting
• Cave Diving
• Cliff Jumping
• Hot Air Ballooning as a Pilot
• Ice Hockey
• Martial Arts
• Modern Pentathlon
• Motorized Dirt Bikes
• Mountaineering at elevations of 4,500 meters or higher
• Outdoor Endurance Events
• Quad Biking
• Racing by any Animal, Motorized Vehicle, or BMX, and Speed Trials and Speedway
• Running with the Bulls
• Sky Surfing
• Snow Skiing and Snowboarding, except recreational downhill and/or cross-country snow skiing or snowboarding (no cover provided while skiing away from prepared and marked in-bound territories and/or against the advice of the local ski school or local authoritative body)
• Snow Mobiles
• Sub Aqua Pursuits involving underwater breathing apparatus unless accompanied by a certified instructor at depths less than 10 meters, or PADI/NAUI certified
• Whitewater Rafting