The Sports & Activities benefit is designed to cover travelers who are participating in sports and adventurous activities, some of which may otherwise be excluded. Travelers can indicate the activities they will be participating in by selecting the Sports & Activities filter.
If you have selected sports and/or activities filters, the provider has confirmed that these activities are not excluded from coverage for this policy. Please keep in mind that you may not specifically see your selections listed as covered in the policy certificate. We have confirmed with the provider that these activities are not excluded, however, we cannot guarantee adequate coverage for your particular trip. Please call us to review your policy certificate for coverage limitations and exclusions that may apply to your trip and activities.
The policy certificate includes the following language:
Benefits are not payable for any loss due to, arising or resulting from:
5. riding or driving in races, or speed or endurance competitions or events;
6. participating as a member of a team in an Organized Sports competition or participating as a professional in a stunt, athletic or sporting event or competition;
7. participating in Adventure Sports, Bodily Contact Sports, Extreme Sports, Organized Sports, any race or speed contests;
8. piloting or learning to pilot or acting as a member of the crew of any aircraft;
Upgrade – Adventure Sports
If you purchase this optional upgrade, the following coverage change applies:
“Adventure Sports” is removed from the following exclusion listed under GENERAL EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS:
7. participating in Bodily Contact Sports, Extreme Sports, Organized Sports, any race or speed contests;
Adventure Sports means leisure and non-professional sports activities including but not limited to the following: safari, bungee jumping, cave diving, Diving below ten (10) meters, hang gliding, kite surfing, Mountaineering below seven thousand (7,000) meters, paragliding, parasailing, powerlifting, spelunking, subaqua pursuits involving underwater breathing apparatus, and surfing.