$2,000 per person
$500 per item
Baggage and Personal Items Loss provides reimbursement for lost, stolen, or damaged luggage.
Baggage Damage or Loss
Please note: this coverage is in excess of any other coverage available to You. Please see Excess Insurance under the GENERAL PROVISIONS section for details.
We will reimburse You up to the Maximum Benefit Amount shown in the Schedule of Benefits for theft, damage or destruction of Your Baggage by a third party, or for Common Carrier loss, that occurs during Your Trip provided You have taken reasonable steps to protect, save and/or recover Your property at all times. A loss, damage or destruction report from the Common Carrier or responsible third party, or a police report filed at the time of the theft, must be provided to substantiate any claim for benefits.
Valuation and Payment of Loss:
Payment for losses under this coverage will be calculated based on an Actual Cash Value basis. For items without receipts, payment of losses will be calculated based upon seventy-five percent (75%) of the Actual Cash Value at the time of loss. At Our option, We may elect to repair or replace Your item(s) claimed. We may take all or part of damaged items as a condition of payment for loss. Benefits payable for cell phone losses will be limited to the value or procurement of a refurbished like and similar phone under Your current carrier.
All covered loss items are subject to a per article maximum payable (as indicated in the Schedule of Benefits under “Per Article Maximum”).
In the event of a loss to a pair or set of items, We will:
1. repair or replace any part to restore the pair or set to its value before the loss; or
2. pay the difference between the value of the property before and after the loss.
Items Not Covered:
We will not pay for damage to or loss of:
2. automobiles and automobile equipment; boats or other vehicles or conveyances; motorcycles; trailers; motors; or aircraft;
3. bicycles, except when checked as Baggage with a Common Carrier;
4. household effects and furnishings; antiques and collector items;
5. eyeglasses, sunglasses, contact lenses, artificial teeth, dentures, dental bridges, retainers or other orthodontic devices;
6. hearing aids, artificial limbs or prosthetic devices;
7. keys, money, and credit cards; securities, stamps, tickets, and documents;
8. professional or occupational equipment or property, whether or not electronic Business Equipment;
9. software or downloads.
Losses Not Covered:
We will not pay for loss arising from:
1. breakage of brittle or fragile articles;
2. wear and tear, or gradual deterioration;
3. confiscation or appropriation by order of any government or customs rule;
4. theft or pilferage while left in Your or Your Traveling Companion’s unlocked Covered Vehicle or Rental Car;
5. property illegally acquired, kept, stored or transported;
6. Your failure to take proper care of the item(s);
7. property shipped as freight or shipped prior to the Scheduled Departure Date;
8. electrical current, including electric arching that damages or destroys electrical devices or appliances;
9. insects, vermin or inherent vice.
We will not provide benefits for any loss or damage to Your Baggage which has been reimbursed, or could be reimbursed, by a Common Carrier, hotel or Travel Supplier.
Upgrade – Primary Coverage: Baggage Damage or Loss And Increased Maximum Benefit Limit
If You purchase this optional upgrade, the following coverage changes apply:
1. Additional benefits are available as reflected in the Upgrade’s Maximum Benefit Amount shown in the Schedule of Benefits.
2. The Excess Insurance provision under GENERAL PROVISIONS does not apply to BAGGAGE DAMAGE OR LOSS:
Primary Insurance: Benefits provided under Baggage Damage or Loss coverage shall be considered primary. This is subject to recovery, as We may pay a claim first and then seek recovery from any responsible third party.
Excess Insurance: Insurance provided by this Policy shall be in excess of all Other Insurance (except for Baggage Damage or Loss). If, at the time of the occurrence of any other loss, there is Other Insurance in place, We shall be liable only for the excess of any amount paid or payable under Other Insurance. Recover of losses from other parties does not result in a refund of premium paid.