$100,000 per adult
$10,000 per child
Common Carrier AD&D provides a cash payment in the event of accidental loss of life or limb that occurs while traveling on a common carrier during a covered trip.
COMMON CARRIER ACCIDENTAL DEATH BENEFIT
Ages 18 through 69 – $100,000
Under age 18 – $10,000
Ages 70 through 74 – $25,000
Ages 75 and older – $12,500
Subject to a maximum of $250,000 any one family or group.
YOU ARE COVERED FOR:
1. The amount indicated in the Schedule of Benefits to the beneficiary.
YOU ARE NOT COVERED unless you fulfill the following conditions:
1. The accident giving rise to the accidental death must occur while you are a fare paying passenger on a regularly scheduled trip on board a commercial airline or cruise line;
2. Death must occur within 30 days of the sudden, unintentional and unexpected occurrence and not be contributed to by illness or disease; and
3. The maximum liability under this Common Carrier Accidental Death Benefit for a group or family is limited to $250,000.
YOU ARE NOT COVERED IF:
1. Expenses arise directly or indirectly from anything in the General Exclusions.
The following definitions apply to Personal Accident coverage:
Accidental Death means a sudden, unintentional and unexpected occurrence caused solely by external, visible means resulting in physical injury to you and your subsequent death. Death must occur within 30 days of the sudden, unintentional and unexpected occurrence and not be contributed to by illness or disease.
Accidental Dismemberment means a sudden, unintentional and unexpected occurrence caused solely by external, visible means and resulting in complete severance from the body of one or more limbs or eyes and not contributed to by illness or disease.
For purposes of the Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefit, the term “limb” shall mean: the arm when the severance is at or above (toward the elbow) the wrist, or the leg when the severance is at or above (toward the knee) the ankle.
Loss of eye(s) shall mean: complete, permanent, irrevocable loss of sight.
Beneficiary means the individual named in your application to be the recipient of any Accidental Death or Common Carrier Accidental Death benefit. If you do not designate a beneficiary on the application, the beneficiary is automatically in the order as follows:
Members age 18 or older: 1. Spouse (if any), 2. Children (if any) equally, 3. Your estate.
Members under age 18: 1. Custodial Parent(s) (if any), 2. Siblings (if any) equally, 3. Your estate.